|4¦ Revelations

To be honest, it had been quite some time Parul Kapadiya hadn't had a good night's sleep, and that was obvious, because her motherly affection for Abir made her heart bleed every time she saw him hiding, but she always found herself helpless in front of Meenakshi's actions and threats. But that night her lack of sleep was not due to the constant heartache for Abir, it was due to the anxiety. She couldn't wait for the morning to arrive sooner, because finally she had caught a ray of hope for Abir.

Mishti was back in town.

And it didn't need rocket science for her to understand that Mishti was the only balm that could soothe Abir's scarred soul. She had watched him struggle to breathe inside this house for the past month, and couldn't even hold him through that because Abir wouldn't let her, but now that she could see a way out, Parul was determined to bring back Abir's lost smile.

And his Shyaris.

His music.

His bright, innocent laughter.

Everything that Made him, the Banjara he actually was.

The banjara who was lost without the home he had so painstakingly found.

Parul looked at the moon once again and sighed, praying for the morning to be a better one than all these past ones, and she hoped she would be able to meet Mishti before all of them left for the off site project.

Elsewhere in the same house, Kunal wasn't asleep either. He would repeat the instance from the morning again and again in his head, and try to make something out of it, but would not have the guts to accept the conclusion.

Mishti did make his bhai smile, and he could not disagree that this was not like the usual, melancholic ones he would force out for him, for the family. That was Abir's original 440 watt smile. And more importantly, she took hardly a few minutes to gauge the lack of it in the first place.

But she had moved on, hadn't she? She was Nishant's girlfriend!

But his brother loved Mishti, he still did and Kunal didn't need a proof for that. He knew no matter how hard Abir  tried to prove otherwise, he had not moved on. And that made him kind of furious, on himself and his brother. He hated the fact that he didn't know exactly what his brother was going through and he hated it more that Abir didn't find his Nanko trustworthy enough to share.

And even if he wasn't sure about Mishti right now, he could also not deny that Mishti did love Abir at one point of time, so fiercely that she fought against her family and his family and their father for Abir's happiness. Kunal hadn't seen Abir this happy ever like he had been in the period he was with her, and for that, Kunal decided to atleast talk with Mishti once, despite the grudges he held against her. He needed to know what was going on.

Mishti and Nishant were sipping coffee, sitting in her balcony. While Nishant was trying to read Mishti, she was as usual lost in her thoughts.

"Oye Ms. Teapot, where are you lost exactly? Abir's dreams are already here?", he teased and Mishti immediately hit him, earning a huge 'Owww' from him.

"Shut Up yaar Nannu. I am already scared", Mishti retorted, but the fear in her voice made Nishant pay attention to her almost immediately.

"Are you sure our NishMish attack will work? I don't want to hurt him more Nannu", Mishti asked, her mind stuck on that aviator clad, melancholic face she had met in the morning.

Nishant wrapped his arm around her, and pulled her to him, softly.

"It will work Mishti, because if you didn't see, I saw the way he was looking at you, and me, like he would kill me then and there. He obviously has something in his heart for you. Now if that's actually the love you brag about or not, that's for you to find out", Nishant explained her, and Mishti answered with a smile.