Chapter Thirteen

CHAPTER THIRTEEN

McKenna sighed as she sank into the passenger seat of Loki's Mustang. "My feet are killing me."

As she reached down to unbuckle one of the silver sandals, Loki caught her by the wrist. "Please don't, love. I rather like how those shoes look."

"Are you kidding me? Loki, they're four inch heels and I've been in them for hours. I can't feel the bottoms of my feet."

He turned a devilish grin at her, his hand moving from her wrist to her ankle, then skimming up to graze her calf. "They look wonderful on you."

She couldn't help but chuckle even as she shook her head. "Are you getting turned on by my shoes?"

"By your everything, love." His fingers teased the back of her knee beneath her skirt and crept up higher.

She sighed again, only this time sore feet had nothing to do with it. Loki's fingertips just barely touched her, and yet the caress sent a chill racing down along her spine. She didn't know how it was possible, after all of their time together, that he could make every touch, every kiss, every caress feel like the very first one.

She remembered a song by Madonna, one that was popular when she was a kid, called Like a Virgin and in it, she sang about how the man who was the object of the song made her feel like a virgin because he made everything feel so shiny and new.

That was how being with Loki made her feel-like she was experiencing all these wonderful sensations and emotions for the first time. He knew just how to touch her, where to touch her, to make her ache for him over and over, and when they were together, it was like standing on the edge of a precipice, and knowing she'd be able to fly when she took that leap.

He leaned over to kiss her, his lips light and teasing, and when he pulled away, he whispered, "I want to make love to you while you're wearing those shoes, darling girl."

"Just the shoes?" She stroked her fingertip along the smooth contour of his cheek below his cheekbone. "Or the whole outfit?"

He nuzzled her. "We can do both."

As he spoke, the hand on the back of her thigh slipped higher, eased around, and she gasped as he nudged aside her thong to tease her with a fingertip. She bit down on her bottom lip, murmuring, "Mmmm..."

He nipped her neck, just beneath her right ear, and as he did so, he slid that finger inside her. "I've been thinking about this all evening, love," he whispered, his voice husky.

"Really? I didn't feel anything poking me in the stomach when we danced."

"I'm skilled at keeping my physical reaction to you under control when others are around." He eased his finger from her, caught her by the wrist, and guided her hand to him. "There's your proof, darling girl. Here's what you do to me."

Her toes curled against the thin soles of her sandals as he pressed her hand between his legs and a very healthy erection greeted her. He released her and when she curved her hand against him, he groaned and slid his hand back between her legs.

Her head spun from his teasing, desire flooding her. "Loki, we're in the parking lot, of all places." It was so difficult to get the words out, as her thoughts were sluggish and almost incoherent.

"We're in a dark corner, love. And one flick of my hand and no one will see us." His voice was equal parts breathy and growly and he caught her around the waist to pull her over the console and into his lap, where he folded her into his arms.

"Why don't you use those magical hands for better purposes?" she whispered, her lips grazing his ear. She melted into him, shifting to press her knees into the soft leather on either side of his hips. As she came down against him, he sucked in a sharp breath even as he seized her lips in a hungry kiss. His hands slid along her thighs, pushing her satiny skirt up until he reached their apex, and she gave a sharp tug on his hair as two fingers slid deep inside her.