Chapter 5

9:45 am
"DING DONG"
It was a nice summer morning. the temperature wasn't too hot or cold. and I was feeling awesome!
I open the door to see Rydel standing there smiling.
"Hey Ry! Can I call you that?"
"Yeah" I giggled "What's up?"
"Not much I was just wondering if you wanted to go to town with me and the boys?"
"Sure! Sound cool." I smiled. "Lemmie get ready"
I invited Rydel in and ran to get dressed. I quickly slipped on my purple shorts and a black Jimmie Eat World concert tee. I wore my hair down with a black fedora and purple heart-shapes sunglasses.
I walked out to the living room.
"Cute sunglasses!" Rydel said taking out the same ones in white.
We walked out to my driveway where Riker sat in the drivers seat of their big white van. Music was blasting from the speakers as Rocky, Ross, and Riker sang along rocking their shades.
"Pour some sugar on me!!"

Rydel slid open the door and we hopped in. "I hope you like rock" Rocky said pretending to guitar solo to the song. We all sang along to the multiple rock songs played on our way to town. Ross sat right in between Rydel and I. "How's your nose today?!" He yelled over the music.
"It's fine!!" I yelled back. Ellington was quiet the whole ride there.
When we got to the outlet malls, we all piled out of the van. We were all laughing. I took a picture of them being goofballs then Ross suggested we eat a Subway then go shop around. Rydel and I waited by a pond while the boys ordered food.
"So what's the deal with you and Ell?" I asked Rydel.
"What'd you mean?" She blushed.
"The way he looks at you. It's like he wants to be with you or something."
"Ratliff!? He's just a friend Riley!" Rydel was blushing majorly now.
"Just friends...got it." I said sarcastically.
We all ate by the pond, then walked to the clothing shops.
Rydel was leading me to a swimsuit shop when Ellington interrupted.
"Riley, could I borrow Rydel for a second?" He said shyly
"Of course!" I winked at Rydel which made her blush again.
"Rydellington!" Rocky said to me laughing. Him and Riker then took me to a record store where Ross was testing out an old school guitar. Rocky started messing around on a orange drum set. I wondered over to the records.
"Panic at the Disco. Ahh that's a good band." Riker said scaring me from behind.
"Yeah! I love this song too. 9 in the afternoon." I said humming along.
"Oh do we have a songbird here?" He smiled "Let's here it?"
My eyes widened "No! I don't sing. I CANT sing." I was embarrassed now.
"Okie doke. Whatever you say."

Riker and I wondered outside. we started walking along the sidewalk. I couldn't get the kiss last night out of my head. I think he was thinking about it too. "So uh.. how are you liking Littleton?" He asked.
"It's a great town..so far." I smiled.
"Good. that's good.." "So I was, you don't have to. I just was wondering. But we could-" he stumbled
"Riker Lynch. Are you asking me out on a date?" I stopped and turned to him. He looks so cute when he's nervous.
"Y-yeah. Yeah, do you want to go on a date? With-with me?"
"Yeah! Sure."
"Great! Tomorrow? At 8? I'll pick you up, your place?" He smiled.
"Sounds great."
We all continued shopping, then they drove me back to my place around 5pm.
Ross:"Bye Riley!"
Rocky:"See you later"
Ratliff:"Goodnight!"
Rydel:"Ttyl Ry! thanks for coming!"
Riker:"Goodnight new girl!"

"Bye guys see you later!"
• • •