The Promise

As Lilac was done explaining everything that has happened to her in the past two weeks with Gunmar, her father, Shadow, roared and leaped on all fours, his chest putted out and said in fury, "That MONSTER!! Making my poor daughter marrying him and forcing himself on her! I will KILL HIM!!" Raven put his talon on Shadow's shoulder to calm him down. He took a deep breath, sighed deeply and sat in cat position. Raven then said, "Sorry , Lilac. Please, continue." Lilac grinned a little and kept talking about her escaping Gunmar and heading to Trollmarket to find the others and tell them the news. She left out the part of hearing her mother's voice in her head, so she wouldn't make her father grieve when she just returned home. Raven sighed deeply. Shadow asked, "Lilac, dear, why did Gunmar chose you?!" "I don't know! He said I was beautiful and smart. He also said I had powers that were beyond the limits!" She cried as she said those things. Shadow came closer to her and hugged her. "Shhhh" He hushed. "It's going to be okay, my daughter." "You promise?" Lilac asked him. He smiled and replied, "I promise." Raven joined the hug. Lilac never felt this happy, not ever since her mother died.

Angor was walking through the forest, to visit Lilac to see if she is okay. Then her heard a howl. He pulled out his knife. He was ready to attack. Especially if it was Gunmar. He went closer to the howl and his one eye went wide of what he saw. He saw a huge she-wolf eating a male deer. She stopped and looked in his direction. She growled as she saw him. She went on her twos and she was about the same size as Gunmar! Angor got himself in attack position. The wolf charged at him, roaring. She tried to claw him with her massive paw, but he jumped and landed behind her and swiped his knife on her back. But the huge wolf dodged his attack and clawed him in the chest. He cursed at her in troll and tried to attack her, but the female wolf grabbed him by the throat and started to chock him. He dropped his knife as he gasped for air. The wolf opened her mouth and asked, in a fierce voice, "Where is my daughter?!" He looked at her in confusion. She can talk?!, Angor thought. "Where. Is. My. Daughter?!" She asked once more. He replied, "She..she is...at...her...hut!" He tried to gasp for air. "Lilac is home?" The wolf asked herself. She dropped Angor and he rubbed his neck while gasping. "Wait, Lilac is your daughter? You're Lilac's mother?!" The wolf looked down at him and snarled, "Yes, I am!!" "But she told me you died when she was nine years old!" Angor said once more. The wolf sighed in sadness and sat down on a log. "I pretended to die." She said in guilt. Angor's mouth gaped in shock. How could she do that to her own child?!, he thought. "Why did you that to her?" He asked. "Look at me! I am stuck in this wolf form forever! How can she raised by a giant wolf?" Tears streamed down her face. Angor felt a stab of sympathy for his student's mother. He sat next to her and asked, "What is your name?" The wolf sniffed and replied, "Rain. My name is Rain." Her beautiful purple, glowing eyes looked at him and asked, "What's your name?" Angor replied, "I am Angor Rot." Angor then heard a swishing sound, he looked behind to see Rain's huge, bushy tailed swishing around the fallen leaves. "Ah, so you're the one who used to ally with Gunmar, am I correct?" Angor nodded. Rain huffed and then said, "Well, I have to get ready." Rain stood up from the log, and Angor asked, "Get ready for what?" She turned to him and replied, "To fight Gunmar." Angor was starting to worry and said to her, "But, Gunmar absorbed the Hearthstone and became stronger! You will never beat him in real combat!" Rain laughed, and said, "Didn't you hear? Raven took most of Gunmar's strength, so he will be in the state he was in when the Trollhunter met him in the Darklands! So I'll be fine." Angor's eye was wide with confusion and shock. How did Raven had the power to do that and how did Rain knew of the Hunter's meet with Gunmar in the Darklands, Angor thought. Rain sighed and asked, "Angor?" He jerked his head up and replied, "Yes, Rain?" "Promise me you'll take care of my daughter, if anything should happen to me, Shadow, or Raven. Will you?" Rain said will taking both of Angor's hands. He glanced at their held hands, and back at Rain. He smiled, and replied, "I will, Rain." Rain asked once more, "Promise?" "Yes, I would give my life for the girl." Angor replied. Rain smiled and let go of his hands. She then said, "Thank you, Angor Rot." She bowed her head to him and Angor bowed his to hers. By the time he lifted, his head, she was gone! He grabbed his knife, put it away, and walked back to the forest to find Lilac, for he is her protector, that he promised to Rain.

Sorry if I didn't add Gunmar's POV in it. But I hope you enjoyed! Peace, amigos! 😘😘😉😻😺🙋🙆