A showcase with @LillyMHenderson, author of Four Days

1 what inspired the idea of your story? 

This book, Four Days, is a bonus book for one of my other stories, Fake Numbered. I initially planned to write just a bonus chapter, but a lot of readers wanted to read more about the two main characters, so here we are.

2 what is something you struggled constructing with your story? 

I  knew that this book was gonna be erotica, so there were gonna be a lot of mature scenes. So a minor struggle was to include other elements as well, not only plain intimate scenes. But other than that, those two were easy and fun to write.

3 what did you enjoy writing most of your story? 

I just love these two main characters. Their interactions were so much fun to write.

4 what's the overall response of your story from your readers? 

I earned positive responses. They loved reading it just as much as I loved writing it.

5 is your story a stand alone novel or a piece of a series ? 

It's part of a series, and in that, part of one of the books in my series of stories. It's the continuation of the epilogue of book number six, Fake Numbered.

6 what would you like your readers to take away from your story?

I want people to read the book with a smile on their face. Like all my other books, this one is there to entertain, to make you feel all fuzzy and forget about all the stress in your life. It doesn't have a hidden message or a deeper meaning. It's plain enjoyment. 

 7 what advice would you provide to fellow writers, when it comes to focusing on their own story? 

Write your story! Write about what you want and not what others want from you. And keep writing. And read! Read, read, read. Find people who can give you constructive criticism. There's plenty of free writing advice going around. Be willing to learn. Criticism can be hard, so believe in your story, but at the same time, be open to suggestions. And most importantly, have fun!

8 does your main character share any similarities to yourself? 

My female lead, Jo, she likes to retain control. Okay, yeah, she might be a bit of a control freak. And that's where I see myself. I'm a mom of two, and running this family business requires it ;)

9 what is something about your story you believe would draw in new readers? 

That it's a sweet and lighthearted read. It lifts your spirits and makes you smile and swoon. There's enough drama and dark stuff happening in the real world. Why not take your mind off it and indulge in a few moments of swoon-worthy moments? That's what I offer. Relatable characters, sweet romance, and a guaranteed happily ever after.

10 do you have any future projects?

I am currently rewriting my first story, Princess. After that, I'll rewrite my other books too. The next new book will be Ava's story. She's a side character from my third book, and she's been at the back of my mind for a long while now. She wants her story told. And it's gonna be so much fun!

 And it's gonna be so much fun!