A showcase with @BornToWrite47, author of Fake It

1 what inspired the idea of your story?

The inspiration came from multiple romcoms I was watching and reading. I haven't written a ChickLit before, and I had graduated from college. I wanted to dive into a romance that focuses on vulnerability and trust within relationships. My friends recommended me to go to online dating . . . and I thought, hmmm, let's do online dating for a main story.

2 what is something you struggled constructing with your story?

I struggled with a bigger plot. It's been a long time since I've completed a 50,000 or more word manuscript. I wanted to keep the pacing well within the chapters and overall as the readers continue with the plot.

3 what did you enjoy writing most of your story?

The romance. More specifically the slow burn. I wanted it to be a slow pace.

4 what's the overall response of your story from your readers?

Overall the readers enjoy the romance and the main characters, Sugar and August. One amazing user has commented, "This has to be one of the prettiest stories I have ever read here on Wattpad." Thank you @synchromatic ! Readers enjoy the fluff and so cute!

5 is your story a stand alone novel or a piece of a series ?

Right now, it's a stand alone. I am thinking about having a second novel focusing on the minor characters: Min-ho, Lydia, or Penelope. We shall see! ;)

6 what would you like your readers to take away from your story?

I hope readers will get how everyone has a past. We desire connection and an intimate relationship, vulnerability glues us together. We can embrace love.

7 what advice would you provide to fellow writers, when it comes to focusing on their own story?

Keep going. No matter the time it takes to write the first draft. You're doing great! Write something that inspires you.

8 does your main character share any similarities to yourself?

Oh yes, Sugar and I both overthink everything. Ha-ha. We don't want to get too attach because then we go all in with our emotions.

9 what is something about your story you believe would draw in new readers?

I think it'll be the first chapter, the online dating with a dash of . . . hot chocolate. ;)

10 do you have any future projects?

Yes! I'm currently working on two projects. YA American football story about gender bender called "Hail Mary." New adult college scandal story about an illegal exchange called "Full-Time Student."