A showcase with @hottiesoftie, author of Being Mum

1 what inspired the idea of your story?

If you look at society today, women aren't all that respected especially single mothers. I decided enlighten everyone how this affects women in the West African part of the world, in a fictional and entertaining way.

2 what is something you struggled constructing with your story?

Being realistic. I found myself wandering in fantasies, stuff that is hardly relatable. And describing how the characters felt, was a struggle for me.

3 what did you enjoy writing most of your story?

I enjoyed the part where she finally found the one. It reminded me of when I met my spouse.

4 what's the overall response of your story from your readers?

 M ost of them are surprised at how women are some times treated in West Africa. Others are happy that a book helps shed light on these issues.

5 is your story a stand alone novel or a piece of a series ?

for now, it's a stand alone, but maybe one day it could be turned into a series.

6 what would you like your readers to take away from your story?

Be you. Don't let anyone make you do what you don't want to do. Believe in yourself and your capabilities.

7 what advice would you provide to fellow writers, when it comes to focusing on their own story?

First of all, read read read. Then write write write. Practice as much as you can. Read as much as you can.

8 does your main character share any similarities to yourself?

Yeah! Lol she's as calm as I am. She hardly involves herself in drama, and she's quite organized.

9 what is something about your story you believe would draw in new readers?

It's all about perspective. The way you see things may not be the same with others.

10 do you have any future projects?

Yeah! I have a psychological thriller in the works called The Heartbreaker's Game, and another chicklit book called Thirty-Something.