𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓. memory lane

✵ . ˚ ✺ . ・ *。 ✧ ˚ . ⊹  ☽
        ⌈ 𝙶𝙾𝙳𝙳𝙴𝚂𝚂 𝙾𝙵 𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝙷𝚄𝙽𝚃 ⌋
EIGHT —— memory lane

 ⊹  ☽        ⌈ 𝙶𝙾𝙳𝙳𝙴𝚂𝚂 𝙾𝙵 𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝙷𝚄𝙽𝚃 ⌋     EIGHT  ——  memory lane

15 YEARS AGO ~ ARK STATION

˚ .・*。༄ "NOAH, IT'S CURFEW. YOU NEED TO GET HOME."

    Abby scolded, finding the small girl sneaking throughout the mechanics wing, getting her sticky seven year old hands on whatever she could grab. Most of those things being of sharp or dangerous nature. And the little girl turned, a guilty expression plastered across her face.

    Doctor Abby Griffin wasn't the one to find Noah Santiago four years ago, her husband was. He'd come across her rummaging in his garage two years prior to now. And seeing a little five year old show an interest in his job that not even some apprentices showed. The way she stared at the panels full of gears of the Ark wall, admiring the each individual pieces, he could see her questioning what it did and why.

   Why. That was the most important question anyone could ask nowadays. And Jake Griffin saw it.

    Noah Santiago was five when her mother was floated. Then, a year later and six months after Jake had met Noah, her father was floated. Both Jake and Abby felt Noah's pain when that happened. But Noah didn't, she was too young to really understand the dire situation at hand.

    And the Griffin's couldn't take Noah in, they had their one kid, and Clarke was thriving. As much as they wanted to care for the Santiago all hours of the day, legally... they couldn't.

    "I know. I don't like home, though. I like it here, with Jake."

    The man smiled. Noah was clawing for a parental figure, and he was there. What could he say, he liked the attention. "Yeah, Mom. We're building." He snickered jokingly, seeing Abby shake her head at him. "Noah's a natural."

    "Jake has to get home too. Come on, Sunny." Abby hummed, taking Noah's hand and leading her towards the medical wing slowly, glancing down at the small girl every so often. She was clean enough not to be of suspicion, though her clothes were a bit ratted from the med winds supply of donated clothes. If Noah was the same age of Clarke, Abby would surely trade clothes between the two girls.

    But Noah was was five years older than Clarke. Clarke was merely two years old, still teething for gods sake. Noah was seven now and getting into more and more trouble as they knew it.