Chapter 5

Good news finally. The aliens were highly susceptible to the truth serum and they quickly found out how to track the pirate's vessel. The pirate ship had a slew of tech that virtually made it invisible to other ships. Lucky for them, they managed to capture one of the tech aliens and he sang like the proverbial canary. As they were tracking in realtime, they simultaneously got ready for their mission. Matt and Hunk end up electing to stay with the Blades on their ship. While they wanted desperately to help get Pidge, they knew they needed to assist with hacking the pirate ship, providing necessary details to rescue Pidge and provide cover. Shay was even helping Coran try and get some medical pods up to par, to be ready for Pidge and of course, help the two rescued crew members they already had.                                                                                             

That left Kolivan, Krolia, Keith, Griffin, Lance and Shiro on rescue duty. It was decided that Kolivan and Krolia would serve as the distraction so the others could locate Pidge. They didn't have a current signal for her, but Keith was quick to point out that they would have disabled everything to keep her and avoid detection. Matt had hacked *cough* found the specs of the ship and gave them a few options where they may be holding her. With no ransom request, everyone left the Blades ship knowing that the only option was to bring Pidge home, no matter what.

Elsewhere...

Pidge was busy saving herself. She was slowly exploring the room, trying to find a viable escape route. The ceiling was out of the picture as they were extremely high ceilings but there had to be another way. While she was tired, sore and still had a nagging headache she wasn't going to stop until she was dead or home. Nothing else would do. She had immediately dimmed the lights to help aide in her search working with her hands due to her headache. But with the supposed wedding quickly approaching, she had no choice. She had to find a way out even though she was so exhausted she would rather be sleeping.

Eventually she was able to hack the door system using make shift tools after what she figured was about day. She grabbed a shirt and placed some food in it and tied it up so it could be easily carried. As she stepped out of the room quietly, Pidge was hoping that she could find a control room to get the schematics of the ship so she could find an escape pod or ship. It didn't have to be amazing just working enough to get her out of here. She could always land and send a message or upgrade a ship once she was free. She took a deep breath, focused on the goal and moved carefully down the corridor, hoping they didn't have cameras everywhere. Hoping they figured due to her size she would be resting. Hoping that her luck would finally change for the better.

As she made her way down the hall, she thought she heard voices. She quickly ducked in a doorway hiding in the shadows until there was a flash and Cosmo suddenly knocked her down and was licking the side of her face. "Cosmo!!! How did you find me boy? (Looking around) Is Keith" <Flash>

She is suddenly transported to Keith. Or more accurately, directly in front of him, with Cosmo circling the both. She looked up into Keith's wide eyes and smiles. "Hey stranger. About time!"

Keith's arms encircle her tightly, holding her close and she finally feels safe, for the first time in...a long while. Then she feels someone grab her from Keith and before she can even put up a fight, she hears Shiro's voice, "Matt, do you copy, we have Katie. We have her!" She looks up into Shiro's eyes and she knows she's going to lose it. He looks awful. Her eyes well with tears, and she relaxes into Shiro embrace, holding him tightly "It took you guys long enough! Didn't I leave you a good enough trail?"

They all let out a laugh and she looks around to see the whole gang. It took her by surprise to realiz that James is here as well. She gives him a grin over Shiro's shoulder and says, "Fancy meeting you here!"