Red Tag

~Gajeel~

I grumbled to myself as I walked to Laxus’s room. Even after searching the entire town all day, I hadn’t been able to come up with any news on the sudden migration of supernatural creatures into the city. I had asked several townspeople if they had noticed anything different in the city, but no one knew anything.

“You’re slow, as usual,” Natsu grinned as I closed the door behind me.

“Shut it,” I growled.

“Now that everyone is here,” Jellal said, “we can get started.”

“While out with Mirajane this afternoon, we went to a supernatural shop,” Laxus told us.

“A supernatural shop?” Gray frowned. “Aren’t those illegal?”

“It depends what they’re selling,” Laxus explained. “I took a look around this one, and I didn’t see anything illegal. The fact that it exists, though, could be a reason for so many supernatural sightings. Maybe they’re coming to Magnolia to visit that shop.”

“Wouldn’t they just visit it and leave?” I asked.

“Or rob it,” Natsu added. “The ones from the report were all wanted, so why would they come all the way here just to buy something from that shop? More than likely they’d just take whatever they wanted.”

“That’s a good point,” Laxus murmured, thinking. “Did any of you find anything?”

“I was here with Juvia all day,” Gray sighed, “so I didn’t have a chance to do any investigating.”

“Same,” Natsu said. “Me and Lucy were doing a bunch of random jobs here.”

“Gajeel?” Jellal asked, looking at me.

“I walked around town for a while, but came up with nothing,” I shrugged.

“Where was Levy?” Natsu asked.

“Out,” I frowned.

“Oh,” he said, nodding in understanding.

With nothing else to report, Laxus and Jellal dismissed us, telling us to return to our leaders. As I made my way back to Levy’s room, I wondered if she was even home yet. I hadn’t seen her all day, and she had missed dinner. When I asked Lucy about it, she had told me not to worry—that Levy would show up when she showed up.

“What the—” A small black cat darted between my feet and ran up the hallway. Where the hell did that cat come from?

“Lily!”

“Levy?” The bluenette ran passed me without even acknowledging my presence. Sighing, I went after her. I caught up just in time to see her fall to the floor as she grabbed the cat, and stick her fingers in its mouth.

“What the hell are you doing?” I asked, staring down at the bizarre scene.

“Give it back,” She mumbled, angrily, to the cat. Finally, she pulled a piece of paper from its mouth and grinned happily to herself as she released it. “I told you I’d get it back. And I am paying for the room this time.”

As I watched her talk to the cat like it could understand her, I remained silent. Is she seriously talking to a cat? What the hell?!

“Sorry about that,” Levy chuckled, getting to her feet. “Lily insisted on covering the bill for my room this month, and he took off with it.”

“The cat?” I asked, wondering if she was crazy. As I thought about calling the looney bin to come and commit her, she pointed down to the cat and smiled. “Gajeel, this is Pantherlily. He has been my friend for about thirty years now, and usually does all of the social networking for me around town.”