I Trust You

~Levy~

“Where are you off to in such a good mood?” Lucy asked. I had passed her on my way down the stairs to meet up with Gajeel when she stopped me to say good morning.

“Nowhere,” I shrugged.

“Somewhere with Gajeel, I’m guessing,” she smirked. It had been one month since he had come to stay at Fairy Tail, and since that day I showed him around Magnolia, things had been great between us. I could still sense some tension from him whenever our past was brought up, but—thankfully—it never lasted long.

“No!” I snapped, crossing my arms over my black corset top. It laced up the back, leaving most of my back and my shoulders —along with my white guild mark—bare. It also pushed up what little bit of chest I had, and hugged my slim stomach, all the way down to the black skinny jeans I was wearing.

“Really?” She raised an eyebrow, the smirk never leaving her face. “Then why are you all dressed up?”

“I’m wearing jeans,” I scoffed.

“I mean all fuck-me dressed up,” she snorted. “You know exactly what that outfit is for, and don’t try to deny it. That’s what you wear when you’re being all succubus-y.”

“It is not,” I frowned, “and that’s not even a word.”

“You have a thing for him, don’t you?” She gasped, her brown eyes wide as she stared at me.

“I do not have a thing for Gajeel!” I snapped. “He is my protector, nothing more. Besides, he’s a human, Lu-chan. I’m not stupid enough to let myself grow feelings for a human.”

“You say that, but I don’t believe it,” she sighed, “and I have a hunch that you don’t believe it either.”

“What about you and Natsu?” I asked, trying to move the conversation away from me.

“What about us?”

“I think you’re the one with a thing for her protector. You two have been inseparable since he got here. And I know that he shows up in your bedroom all the time.”

She groaned. “He’s always breaking into my room! It’s not like I invite him in or anything. And we don’t do anything, anyways. He usually falls asleep on my bed until I kick him out.”

“You avoided the first part,” I grinned. “You have a thing for him.”

Her face turned scarlet, and she turned, continuing up the stairs. “You’d better go before you’re late for your date with Gajeel.”

“It’s not a date!” I called after her, angrily. It isn’t, and I don’t have any feelings for Gajeel. Even as I thought it, I knew I was just kidding myself. After only a month, I had fallen totally in love with the guy.

I sighed. “Too bad he could never feel the same.”

~Gajeel~

“Ready to go?” Levy smiled up at me, her hazel eyes bright.

“Yeah,” I nodded, leading her out the doors. We were going to that magic shop Laxus had told us all about when we first arrived. I had never been there, so when Levy asked me if I’d go with her, I agreed immediately. I still hadn’t been able to find any more clues as to why there were more supernaturals sneaking into Magnolia. At night, after everyone had gone to bed, Laxus, Jellal, Natsu, Gray, and I snuck out of Fairy Tail to deal with any of them that we could find.

“Here we are,” Levy told me, knocking on the door three times before turning the doorknob and opening the door. I followed her inside, amazed at how different the inside was from the outside—just as Laxus said it was.