ᴇʟᴇᴠᴇɴ

Freya blinked and didn't say anything, causing Bill to frown. "Freya...?" Still nothing. He took her hands in his and squeezed them. "You can say no if you want. I'll understand completely!"

"It's not that, Bill." she replied, smiling weakly as she shook her head. "I just... What if Sirius comes back and doesn't find anyone home? I'm all he has to come home to. I can't just... leave him!"

"I know, but love, we need to be careful." he pointed out, pulling her closer to him by her hands. "Whether he did any of those things or not... the Ministry will know every move you make."

Freya sighed and looked down as she laced her fingers with Bill's. "I wish I could send him a letter, just to let him know I'll always be here, no matter what happens." Bill hummed and kissed her forehead. A long yet comfortable silence followed, with Freya leaning against BIll's shoulder, both of them looking down at their held hands.

"So... about what I asked you..." Bill spoke softly and shifted slightly beneath her causing her to look up at him. "What do you think?"

Freya paused, thinking about her reply carefully. "Yes." Bill's face lit up as a smile spread across his face, making Freya smile as broadly back at him. "Yes, yes, yes!"

Bill cupped her face and kissed her hard and sighed when he pulled away, his forehead resting against hers as he spoke. "I wanted to ask you for so long. I thought our dinner date in London would have been the right time to do so. If I'd known--"

"Bill. Stop." Freya placed a hand over his heart, smiling reassuringly. "Nobody could have known." She made herself comfortable on his bed, laying on her back with her arms tucked under her head as she glanced at Billy. "But I do think you chose the perfect time to ask me to move in together."

"Really?" Billy raised an eyebrow, smiling amusingly. "Even despite all this drama?"

"You couldn't have cheered me up in a better way." Freya grinned. "When I was back at the house..." She couldn't bring herself to call it home anymore... Home was wherever Bill was. "It felt... bleak, sad empty... And all of a sudden, all the memories from my childhood just came flooding in. Is it bad that I don't want to go there anymore?"

Bill shook his head, looking away from Freya. "I can only imagine how you must feel, love." He traced his thumb over the back of her hand choosing to focus his vision on the soothing action. They spent several minutes - if not hours - in silence and each other's arms. "If there is anything I can do Freya, you can always tell me." He nudged her so she could look up at him. When she did he gave her an encouraging grin, which Freya returned with a small smile.

"You could start... by..." She leaned closer after each pause, her lips just a fraction of an inch away from his. Bill bit his lower lip and leaned in, taking it as an invitation for a kiss. But just before his lips touched hers, Freya shoved him away almost causing him to topple over and end up on the floor. "Getting your arse out of bed, Weasley!"

Freya chuckled when she saw how confused and flustered he looked over her reaction, but soon enough he was laughing along with her.

"There's that laugh!" he grinned, getting up to kiss her forehead. "I love you."

"Love you too!" she called out just before he went to change. Freya smiled softly and started getting on with her day: she made everyone's beds, put away the twins' booby traps from Percy's and Ron's rooms (planting them in their own room instead) and cleaned all the upstairs rooms.

She made her way downstairs to prepare lunch. Bill had done his part by cleaning downstairs and hanging up the washed clothes outside. They ate lunch in silence, on occasion glancing up at each other and share a soft, loving smile. After lunch, Bill went upstairs and left Freya downstairs, reading a book. She was slowly drifting off to sleep when she heard Bill calling her from upstairs.

"Love, there's a storm approaching!" he yelled and heard footsteps making their way downstairs. Freya groaned and rubbed her eyes, frowning when she looked out the window.

That's strange, she thought. It was sunny literally a second ago...

Without wasting any more time, she sprung up onto her feet and followed Bill to the back garden where, sure enough, the wind started picking up its pace and the once-clear blue sky turned into a gloomy grey. She could hear thunder rumbling from afar, which was enough for the two to rush back inside. On her way in, Freya turned back to see whether they'd left anything outside when someone... or something... caught her eyes.

She blinked her eyebrows furrowed as she tried to take a step forward, wondering whether her eyes were deceiving her or not. Before she had time to react, Bill yanked her back inside closing the door behind them.

"Bill... I... I think I saw..." she stammered, her hand trembling as she pointed outside.

"What?" he asked, looking out the window in the general direction of her pointed finger. "Freya..." He slowly turned to face her. "There's nothing out there."

"I-I could have sworn..." Freya felt a lump form in her throat as she felt her eyes water.

"Sit down, love. Let me make you some tea." Bill told her, taking her hand and leading her to the sofa. He made her and himself a cup of tea and set it in front of them on the small coffee table. He sat next to her and sighed. "Now... tell me what you saw."

Freya held his hand, lacing her fingers with his. "I don't want you to freak out, Bill. But... I think I saw him." Bill raised an eyebrow. "Sirius. I think I saw Sirius."

*

It's been more than a hot minute. With all the stuff going on in the world right now, all schools across my home country have closed, so I have a LOT of time on my hands so I'm spending that time writing. I will be updating not only this story but some of my others too, so stay tuned!