𝐛𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬, 𝐩𝐭. 𝟐

summary: in which; the continued story of you and Bill. The guy you left your abusive boyfriend for.

trigger warnings:

word count: 1.39k

includes:

⟡ ⟡ ⟡ ⟡ ⟡ ⟡ ⟡ ⟡ ⟡ ⟡ ⟡ ⟡ ⟡ ⟡ ⟡

SHE and Bill have been dating for six months now, and things have never been better. Bill helped her get the courage to file a restraining order against her ex, Jason, and since then she's never been happier. She moved in with Bill almost immediately after they confessed their feelings—obviously being comfortable enough with it since they were best friends in the first place.

        "Can you hand me that bottle of lotion?" She asked from her vanity, her single, slim finger pointing in the direction of the dresser, her favorite bath and body works lotion perched on the edge. Bill only nodded and got up from the bed, his large hand wrapping completely around the bottle before he handed it to her. "Thank you—Bill." She groaned, both of their hands holding on the bottle.

        "Kiss me first." He dared, not letting go of the bottle until she gave him a kiss—which she did. His fingers let loose of the bottle and instead landed on her cheek, holding the kiss a little longer than normal. "Thank you." He pressed a kiss to the top of her head before he let her finish getting ready for their date; the carnival.

He watched her in amazement as she rubbed the lotion into her skin, the white enamel of his teeth sinking into his bottom lip. He loved watching her get ready. The way she stuck her tongue out against her lips, concentrating on whatever task she was doing. She was unaware of how perfect she looked to him; and he'd waste no time in trying to prove to her just how perfect he thinks she is.

He was snapped out of his haze when she stood in front of him, her body adorned in high waisted blue jean shorts and a white crop top, a single cross pendant hanging between her breasts. "Are you ready?" She asked, pressing her hand flat against his cheek and running her thumb over his high cheekbones. "You zoned out for a hot minute there, baby."

        "Was thinking about how perfect you are." He smiled, standing up from the bed and easily towering over her five-foot frame, pressing a soft kiss to the top of her head. "I'm ready, darling." He took ahold of the keys and their phones from the nightstand, his free hand holding onto hers as they walked out of their home, locking the door behind them.

Bill opened her door, she only smiled at him and blew him a kiss, knowing she'd thank him later.

☼ ☼ ☼

The drive was short and sweet—the twinkling fairy lights lighting up the entire park, filled with rollercoasters and crappy carnival games it's impossible to win at. Bill held onto her hand, she had to bring hers up just a little because of their height difference. "What do you wanna do first, baby?" Bill asked, their eyes scanning over the entire area as far as they could see.

        "I wanna see if you can reach the top on the JackHammer." She grinned, pulling him in the direction of the game, the man before them only reaching the middle. She stood back as Bill took his turn, but not before he turned around to her.

        "This one's for you." He blew her a kiss and she caught it with her hand, pressing it against her chest with a deep smile on her lips. His arms were up behind his head and back down before she could even process what had happened, the bell hitting all the way at the top, resulting in a loud ring from the silver bell.

        "Yes!" She squealed, her fingers immediately pointing towards the small stuffed bear on the shelf, the carnie shaking Bill's hand and passing off the stuffie to her, her arms engulfing it with a smile. "Thank you." She grinned, leaning up on her toes to press a kiss to his pouted lips.

They spent the past two hours playing games and riding small rides—even bumping each other at bumper cars. They were each other's only targets, both laughing as they'd jerk with each hit. Bill lifted her up off of her feet and spun her around near where the music was playing, she held onto him and the bear tightly as she laughed, loving every minute of every moment tonight.

        "Last ride, baby. Take your pick." He set her on her feet, grabbing a hold of her small hand.

        "Ferris wheel." She answered quickly, holding onto his hand a little tighter as she dragged him to the short line, wrapping her arms tightly around his waist. "I want you to kiss me at the top." She smiled up at him, standing up on her tiptoes to steal a kiss as he bent down.

        "She asks and she shall receive." He commented, taking their turn to get into their seat and lock them in. He held onto her hand tightly as they rose up slowly, both looking down at the others who were loaded onto the ride. "You know, have I ever told you how happy you make me?" He asked, rubbing her hand with his thumb.

She looked at him with a smile, "A couple times, yeah." She nodded, her free hand drawing onto his hand that held hers, her eyes focused on the way his sparkled in the night. She'd never.. felt a love like this before. Back with Jason, he would say these things, and then he would abuse her—mentally, emotionally, and sometimes, on occasion, physically.

        "Well you make me insanely happy. Unlike anyone else." His hand rested on her cheek as realization struck that they were stopped at the top, "And I love you." She was left in shock before his lips attached to hers, all of her wildest dreams coming true.

This was the first time he's said I love you, and to say she was trying not to cry is an understatement. "I love you." She spoke through her soft tears, Bill leaning forward to kiss her again right before the ride started moving, jerking them forward. Her cheeks were wet with her salty tears, Bill wiping every single one away with his thumb.

        "Don't cry." She had no chance to respond before they were ushered off the ride, her hands pawing at her cheeks to rid of the tears, immediately stopping at the end of the gate, Bill joining her immediately.

        "I can't help it." She sniffed, jumping up into his arms as he walked out of the way, her legs locking around his waist. "That was the most romantic thing you've ever done to this day." She pressed her nose against his, her free hand playing with the hair at the nape of his neck.

        "I love you, baby. Always have, and I always will. It was time for you to know." He pressed a kiss to her nose, his arms wrapped tightly around her waist as he carried her to the exit, but he came to a halt at the sight of the gigantic bear at the last carnival game towards the exit. He was going to win her that bear.

He set her gently on her feet and paid the older guy, picking up the balls and tossing them into the baskets. He missed the first few, but the last one took the cake. He made it in, and immediately pointed towards that large bear, she hugged the smaller one to her chest as she stared at him with a smile. It looked normal size in Bill's arms, but she knew it was about as big as she was. "You." She shook her head with a click of her tongue, her hand reaching out to grab onto Bill's as they left the park, making their way back to the car.

They both held a bear and love for each other in their hearts, and they both knew that this is where they wanted to be forever.

Falling in love with your best friend is the best thing that anyone could ever do.

____

It's technically Friday for me and I was so excited to post this one so hi. Let me know if you'd like a part 3. :)