7| Look outside

NOVEMBER yawned as she stood in the long lineup that contained her teammates and other passengers boarding the plane. She, luckily, got to sit beside Guy and Adam- however, Connie managed to convince Averman to switch with Guy.

The girl wasn't too fond of that as she knew Averman would be incredibly annoying on the long plane ride.

She looked back and glanced up at the taller figure behind her. Adam gave her a look questioning, 'are you ok?' before she gave a sleepy nod and turned back around.

She gripped her backpack straps that hung behind her, holding a book, her walkman, a camera, a charger, and a journal and pencil whereas the rest of her belongings are already on a plane to Las Angeles.

"hello miss," A lady said, snapping Nova into reality, "ticket?"

Nova blinked in realisation as she took took the ticket out of her pocket and handed it to her, along with her passport.

The girl was so tired and distracted from everything as she was still half asleep from the bus ride to the airport. She looked like a walking zombie as she went to her seat.

She looked out the window after shoving her backpack in the upper compartment and sitting down. She was actually just aimlessly staring out at the plane wing that was in her view.

"that's a pretty satisfying plane wing huh?" She heard an incredibly familiar voice say from beside her. she smiled to herself before turning to look at the blonde boy with blue eyes that sat in the middle seat of their row.

"whatever Superman," Nova laughed, "well see who'll be laughing at the sarcastic remarks when Averman gets here"

Adam's eyes instantly grew as he looked at her. He moved his face closer to hers with a frightened look on his face. "please don't say he's sitting here"

"i'm afraid so," Nova said as she pursed her lips together and looking past Adam. She smirked at the red headed boy that was struggling to shove his bag into the compartment as she placed a reassuring hand on Adam's shoulder, "ginger at 6:00. good luck"

Adam rolled his eyes and turned around as November shifted her position to leave the two boys alone. As the boy turned, he instantly saw Averman sitting there with a smirk.

"i guess it's just you and me buddy!" Averman said enthusiastically as he patted Adam on the back

Adam gave an awkward smile. "Nova is still here though"

"i know," Averman said in a whisper, "good for you, huh?"

Adam gave him a confused look before turning to glance at Nova. She had headphones in and her walkman playing as she stared out at the plane wing again. Adam furrowed his eyebrows and looked back to Averman.

"what do you mean?"

"you know..." He said, raising his eyebrows

Adam chuckled and ran a hand through his hair. "no i don't really"

Averman looked past Adam, over to Nova with a smirk before looking back at the blonde. He gave him a smile before pushing his glasses up his nose and leaning closer to Adam as he whispered. "you see, November is going to get tired on this 3 hour plane ride and from what i know of her in these 7 to 8 years of being best friends, she prefers to sleep on her right side... i speak from the various car pools Charlie, Guy, Connie and I would have with her early in the morning."

Adam shook his head and gave off a still confused look. "okay and..?"

"well that would mean that she would most likely lean her head on your shoulder"

Adam shrugged and gave off an unfazed expression. "i guess thats fine, it doesn't really matter i guess"

Averman furrowed his eyebrows and pushed his glasses up again. "so you don't care at all?"

"why should i?" Adam shrugged

Averman sank in his seat and shook his head as if shrugging it off. "no reason," He said, "i just thought- nevermind.."

Adam opened his mouth to speak but was interrupted by the pilot speaking. He turned and sat normally in his seat, buckling his seat belt and laying back. He closed his eyes as he listened to the voice of the captain while he explained the safety procedures.

as, He rested back he felt a squeeze on his left hand. He looked to his side to see November sitting there with her walkman on her lap and her headphones over her head. He saw that she didn't notice the fact that she was squeezing his hand because her eyes were shut and her breathing seemed to pick up.

He smiled and adjusted his hand placement to where his palm and her palm were face to face. He intertwined their fingers and began rubbing his thumb against the back of her hand.

November hadn't noticed- in fact, she didn't even pay attention to the fact that Adam was holding her hand. She was much too worried and anxious about the plane departing.

Adam soothingly rubbed his thumb up and down her backhand and looked at her as the plane ran along the run way. He noticed that the girl seemed to calm down more to the rubbing but still kept her eyes shut.

Her breathing had died down and the by the time they were flying up, she seems to be breathing normally.

Adam smiled contently and slowly let go of his grasp. He slipped his hand out and tapped Nova on the shoulder, causing her to finally open her eyes.

"look outside" He whispered to her as she opened her eyes and breathed out shakily.

Nova turned her head and looked out the window. The plane was at its point where it wasn't quite past the clouds but it was high enough to see the city.

That early morning, November felt calm and not at all grumpy as she watched the sunrise over the city she lived in. A small smile tugged at her lips as she gasped at the view below.

Adam looked at Nova with a sweet smile as he was quite fond of seeing her when she was calm or in this specific state. He didn't know what to pinpoint the word on but he saw the wonder in her eyes as she looked down at the ground. It made him feel content inside and happy.

"it's- it's... What do i say?" Nova trailed on as she stared at the buildings as they got smaller and smaller

"beautiful?" Adam muttered as he looked at her, leaning over the armrest to where he was slightly over her seat.

She turned and looked back at him, making eye contact instantly.

"yeah," She whispered softly, her smile growing ever so slightly, "exactly.."

brynn speaks !

ok so i'm sorry i haven't updated in a while... it's actually been such as eventful week. So, there was these two days this week where the story completely disappeared from my profile and i was about to start another copy but then it suddenly came back... so that is good... also, i've had a test this week and two field trips where we went to a concert and laser tag and that's not even the eventful part. so let's say that i know this guy that i've known and had a crush on since the sixth grade (3 years ago) and well we've had some history and we've been talking but then there's also this other guy who i started talking to but then he kinda let me down and i'm starting to lose feelings but i don't want to keep liking the guy from sixth grade because it's like a lost cause and i've been trying for over a year to get over him. I've had so many broken hearts because of him and i don't want to go back but this week has been an entire rollercoaster about it because so much happened between us and i feel like there's something again but i'm not sure so my mind is kind of messed up and i'm not sure what to do... If y'all want to comment about it or the story, (i would prefer the story) go ahead... but please Vote, COMMENT, and share... love y'all 💞

✌🏻