31| Always being my hero

TWAS THE DAY OF THE final match of the games between Iceland and USA. Needless to say, November was extremely pissed off at the Iceland team- especially after they crashed their practice the other night.

So many things rummaged through November's mind and at the top of the pile was Adam Banks. She had to tell him soon but she didn't know when. It pained her even more that this could possibly be her last game with the ducks and her best friend- her partner in crime, her everything- wasn't going to be playing with her.

She sat on the bench as she stared at her gloves that sat on her lap. It seemed as if the girl couldn't do anything anymore. Like she didn't have the power too because her thoughts had taken it all away.

Everyone in the room had been messing around and laughing while the girl sat there with a gloomy expression. Even Averman had tried to cheer her up but everyone knew it was pointless. Everyone knew that only one person could cheer her up and that one person wasn't there... at the time.

"Coach!" She heard an extremely familiar voice call out form the door. However, she still didn't have the motivation to look up.

"Banks?" She heard various people say, which instantly caused her to jerk her head up.

"I woke up and the pain was gone"

She felt a small smile tug on her lips as she saw her best friend standing in front of their coach, rotating his wrist perfectly as if he hadn't had an injury.

Everyone had been cheering for him and letting out gleeful remarks as he glanced to where November had begun to stand up. Instantly, his face brightened and he gave her a bright smile which she returned.

Bombay touched Adam's wrist and frowned slightly. "Adam I'm sorry but we already have a full roster.."

November felt her heart drop to her stomach as she had gotten her hopes up in such a small amount of time.

The girl looked down at her feet as she bit the inside of her cheek. Those who knew- like Connie, Guy, Charlie, Averman- they all looked at Nova with sad eyes while everyone else looked to Russ.

The new duck began to take off his jersey but Charlie stopped him.

"He can have my spot..." Charlie said, braking the silence in the room. November looked up and he gave her a reassuring smile as he passed by and made his way to the front.

"If it's what I can do for the team," he sighed, "let me do it..."

Adam pursed his lips together and placed a thankful hand on the brunette boys shoulder. November held her breath for a moment as if she was scared to hear what Bombay had to say.

"Charlie..." the coach said while placing a comforting hand on Charlie's shoulder, "I need you right on the bench coaching there with me.."

Charlie nodded with a smile as everyone began to cheer. However, as Adam looked up from the ground after the generous deed Charlie had done, he made eye contact with the brightest green eyes he had grown ever so fond of.

November, who was about to explode in happiness, had found her way to her best friend and launched at him for a hug- much to everyone's amusement.

The girl hadn't been in her skates so she wasn't able to be the same height as the taller boy. She stood on her tip toes and wrapped her arms around his neck loosely while he sank into the hug with a pleasurable grin. Charlie and Bombay sent each other knowing glances before both winking at Adam subtly.