4

"Lass, do you really love him?" Scrooge asked. He had just found out about Emmett and Della, and he had talked to her about relationships.

"Yes."

"Honestly, I'm with Donald on this one. He doesn't look like someone who would stick around and have kids."

"We'll be fine. We'll be happy together. We love each other, really."

Della left Scrooge's office. She had no idea that Scrooge knew more than he was talking about.

Donald stared at the newspaper on display in the record store. He was frozen in place, not sure what to feel.

The headline read Riot at September Sound Pound concert/festival leaves 12 dead. Below the headline were pictures of those that were killed at the festival. One of them happened to be of Tony and Claire.

Sure, Tony wouldn't be missed, but Claire...Why did she have to go?

"Can you believe it?" the 19-year-old dude at the counter said. "We lost the drummer and lead singer from Shout Out and all of Twin Ducks. I'd hate to be those kids' parents."

"Did you know Tony and Claire, Dan?" Donald asked.

"They used to have another member, and the name was different...Tony told me how the other kid was hard to work with. Their old stuff's good, the songs with the third one. The new stuff's been going downhill, though."

Donald payed for his CDs and walked out. He ran the rest of the way home.

When he made it to the mansion, he found Scrooge reading a newspaper. He yanked it out of his hands and rushed to his room.

"Oi, lad! I was reading that!" Scrooge yelled. He also yelled some very angry Scottish words that no one really understood.

Della saw the door to the room blasted open. Donald came in and tossed the newspaper at her.

"Hey!" she exclaimed.

"Read it!" Donald said, looking like he was about to cry.

Della did as she was told. Her wide-eyed expression told Donald that she had caught the headline.

"Oh, Donald..."

"It had always been our dream to be performing in one of the most well known concert/festival in all of Calisota, and that was the Sound Pound. We never made it...they just died following their dreams..."

Della hugged him. She could feel his tears wetting her sleeves, and she whispered, "It's gonna be okay."