5

"Prom is tomorrow?!" Della exclaimed.

"Uh, yeah?" Donald said, scoffing. "Can't believe you didn't know."

"Oh my god, do you think Emmett will take me to prom?"

"Well, duh, he likes you. Why you being such a Dumbella?"

"Stop calling me that."

Della searched through her things and found a short pink dress and sleek black high heels. She opened up her jewelry box and took out a pair of diamond earrings.

"Kids, time for school," Scrooge called. "Get down here."

The twins ran downstairs to get into the car. Della asked Scrooge if she could go to prom, and got an unexpected answer: a cackling laugh.

"Della, you shouldn't even be dating the boy!" Scrooge said, still laughing. "What makes you think I'll let you go to a dance with him?"

"I thought you were okay with him!"

"Okay with you having a crush on him, not dating him. When I found out about you two, you promised to stop dating him. I don't want you having kids at such a young age..."

"We're not talking about kids yet!"

"Sure. I found drawings of you, Emmett, and a little boy named Jet. Who is this Jet, might I ask?"

Della's face turned bright pink. She had hid those drawings in a locked box, how did Scrooge find them?

"Please? I promise I'll stop dating him after this. He's...going to a different college, anyway. It's not even in Calisota."

"Fine. But, don't break your promise."

Della didn't see Emmett all day. She was getting worried that he didn't know about prom, or some other girl had asked him.

After school, she slowly walked to the car, searching for Emmett. He was nowhere to be seen. She just got into the car when she heard his voice. She got out and saw Emmett with a bunch of other boys.

"Della, will you go to prom with me?" he said, as the boys sang with heavenly chorus voices. Emmett was down on one knee, holding two tickets to prom. Some of the singing boys released doves from their hands, and others tossed flower petals into the air.

"This seems a little over the top," Della said, blushing as the girls around them went "Aw! That's so adorable!"

"Anything for my Della," Emmett said, kissing her.

Donald rolled his eyes and climbed into the car. Scrooge shook his head.

"I have no idea what she sees in that boy," he muttered.