7

Della sat on a park bench, playing a guitar. She wasn't very good at it yet, but Emmett had mentioned playing guitar, and she wanted to impress him when he returned.

If he returned...She hadn't seen him for almost 8 years now. She was starting to worry about him.

"Della, why do you have my guitar?" a voice asked.

She looked behind her and saw Donald.

"What?"

"I asked why you have my guitar."

"This isn't your guitar, it's mine."

"Prove it."

Della rolled her eyes, and returned his guitar. Donald tuned it as she sighed.

"What is it now, Dumbella?"

"Stop calling me that."

"Fine, what's wrong now, Your Highness?"

"I just...miss Emmett."

"I'm surprised you still remember him. It's been almost 8 years since you last saw him."

"Well, I remember a lot of things! Besides, don't you still remember ol' what's-her-name?"

"Who?"

"The girl you took to prom that same year?"

"What are you talking about? I didn't go to prom."

"But...ugh, you've got brain damage, that's the problem here."

Donald stopped tuning his guitar, and slowly picked up a rock. He crept forward, to a passing man, and--

"Donald, what are you doing?!" Della shrieked. "You're not a kid anymore, stop throwing rocks!"

"Della?" the passing man asked. "Is that you?"

Della ran to the man, and looked at him. He had grown a lot in 8 years, but he was still recognizable.

"Emmett!" she cried, hugging and kissing him.

Donald turned the other way, gagging.

"You two, stop making out," he said.

"He came back to ruin your life some more," Donald yelled.

"Well, that's where you're wrong!" Della yelled back. "He came back because he loves me. And you have no one!"

"I have a girlfriend! Her name's Daisy, and she has never stolen anything from me."

"I keep telling you, they fell. Emmett would never steal them!"

"Then, isn't it a ducking coincidence that Emmett left when the earrings were gone?"

"Yes, it is. They had probably been gone before he left."

Donald rolled his eyes, and left the room. Della couldn't believe he would say such mean stuff about Emmett, the sweetest boy in the world. He has a girlfriend already, why is he complaining about her date?