Falling into a Routine

Kanook Raguri

I take a deep breath and open my eyes; the room is dim, with only a small glow of the sun coming in through the mostly opaque window. Groaning, I turn onto my stomach and look at the glowing clock that reads "6:27 AM" just above the side table; It's not hovering I know, I just can't see the base of the clock because it blends in with the wall. Reaching out, I tap the control pad on my side table until it brightens up and I can see the controls for the lights, window, thermostat, clock, music, and a few other ones I am still trying to figure out. The lights turn on and I sit up with a groan-scratching my side before swinging my legs out from under the covers.

I can't concentrate on a single thought or task; help set up an economic relationship between American and Xirexian corporations, create an intergovernmental relationship, develop a plan for Xirexian civilians to immigrate to the US, coordinate a military parade, and many, many more that I have been assigned to do. This is all on top of the riots and unrest that have been happening everywhere. There were major riots in the Mexican territory cities of Mexico City and Cancun, and in the Panamanian territory city of Panama City during the week; and the Russians have not been very happy with Nirik. There was also a large riot outside of the Kremlin, so he and his staff had to be airlifted to St. Petersburg by the Russian military to keep them safe.
But Blaiu, Mala, and Niche have all said they are settling in nicely, and have been welcomed in their respective countries. Then I remember something; I have less than three months until part of the Xirexian First Grand Fleet, the Fulne Undo, is to visit Earth.

I get up off the bed and go into the bathroom, taking my clothes off while I walk, before throw them over the sink. The water is warm and falls from the ceiling and shoots out of the walls at me; I figured out that I can control the music, water temperature, lights, and even if the shower glass is opaque or not from a small controler in the shower wall. Pressing a few buttons and turning the volume up, I have soft music playing over the speakers while washing myself with soap, then rinsing off and rubbing sweet smelling conditioner into my fur. There is something about country music that I really like; it sounds so foreign and really interests me. While scrubbing the conditioner into my fur I tap my foot in the water, and hum along with the music. But I know that I do not sound that good. When I turn the water off and walk out of the shower, the glass automatically becomes clear again and the music adjusts its volume while I grab my towel and begin drying myself off. My fur has poofed out, making me look legs and silky, so I grab my comb and begin brushing down my light brown arms and chest, flattening it, but also pulling a lot of loose fur out-which I ball up and throw into the garbage as water drips off me onto the bathmat. I wrap the towel around my waist and go into my room to change into a fresh pair of clothes. Mr. Schrader helped me pick out some new American business style clothing; black suit, white undershirt, blue tie, and black slacks. He said that I look more "Official" and "Commanding" in my new clothes. But sadly my feet do not fit in Human shoes, so I am still wearing the same pair of Vus dress shoes.

My fur is still slightly damp as I walk out of my room and into the living room. An American is in the kitchen making breakfast, bacon and eggs sizzling on the stove as he turns around and gives me a wave. "Morning sir" His name is Jeff and he's wearing a tall white hat and clean apron. Mr. Schrader asked if I would like a chef to cook me meals, which I happily accepted. The offer to have freshly cooked American style meals made for me at home, every morning, evening, and night was too good for me to refuse. "Take a seat, breakfast will be ready soon." He says while turning around and stirring the eggs around, before scooping the bacon onto a plate. I pull a chair out from under the breakfast bar and look at my phone, reading through the conversation Nirik, Niche, and Blaiu had while I slept.
________________________________
Nirik:                 Does anybody have any recommendations for me?
                I've tried everything
                But only a couple Russians have been nice to my staff and I