Diplomatic Endeavors

Raguri POV

I look over all the talking points I hope to use to convince Secretary Ernist that the US needs to-no should-intervene in the Russian Colonial War as a police action. My plan would hopefully prevent the rampant abuse against civilians from Russian soldiers, and have the US police the conflict, which would also free up more Russian soldiers to fight the separatists. That is my plan anyways

Crutez taps me on the shoulder to get my attention "We're almost to the pentagon" he whispers into my ear.

"Thank you" I mumble while collapsing my phone and pocketing it.

The Pentagon-large and imposing, like a massive heavily armed fortress on the shore of the Potomac looking over DC-two massive rectangular towers twice the height of the pentagon, both of which look like smaller Washington Monuments but with indents on the tops of each face. Mr. Schrader explained to me that the Pentagon was attacked twice early in the 21st century, so the US military installed an automated air defense system, and that both of the towers are for the radar array and missile guidance.

We pull up to the front gate and an American private walks up to the car, tapping his gloved knuckles on the window "Reason for visit?" he asks while bending down to look into the car after Schrader rolled it down.

"Ambassador Raguri has a meeting with the Secretary of the Navy at two" Schrader states while looking back at me, then back at the guard.

The young American soldier stands and talks into his radio. I can't hear what he's saying, but he keeps looking at my window while speaking. He repeats the same thing three times before bending back down and saying "You're clear to enter, sorry for the inconvenience sirs" before standing to the side and saluting us. I wave at him through the tinted window as the gate opens and the car begins to roll forwards.

Two American guards on the front steps open the doors for us and stand to the side without saying a word. Faces young and handsome, deep blue uniforms immaculate, and their polished brass buttons running up the middle of their suits reflecting the bright midday sun like tiny mirrors. I step out of the car and utter "Thank you" to the two guards before walking up, and into the grand, marble walled, granite floored foyer; a black haired-pale skinned lady sits behind a large stone desk that wraps around the entire back half of the room. She is looking at her computer screen while drinking a coffee, before setting the cup down and turning to face me when the automatic doors open.

"Hello and welcome to the Pentagon Mr. Raguri" She says in a sweet voice while turning her rose-red lips up into a smile "Secretary Morgan is in a meeting right now, but feel free to wait outside his office or here in the lobby"

"Where is Ernist's office at?" I question.

"Forth floor, sector three, first door on the right. A guide will accompany you to his office"

"Thank you very much"

Her head disappears below the desk for one second before coming back up again as she lays three small, round pins down on the counter top "You will be required to wear these for your own safety. They will allow access to certain areas of the forth floor" She says while typing something into her computer, making a small pentagon in the center of the pins glow green.

Another guard that was standing near the only way further into the building ushers us single file into a hall with a locked reinforced door at the end, and has us stop about half a minule-I mean three feet apart. Two dull lights flicker from each end of the hallway and scan over us. The guard looks at the wall and nods, before going over to Crutez and pointing at his hip.

"No weapons allowed on premises sir"

Crutez looks down at me with his usual bland, inexpressive face, before looking back up at the guard and reaching into his holster. He flips the pistol around so he's holding the barrel before begrudgingly pressing the grip into the guard's waiting hand and uttering "Dangerous, very dangerous, do not touch trigger. Keep mode safe"