Prejudice

The police escorted Crutez and I back to the house, but half way there a police drone began circling us, and the police cars began driving more defensively around the car, making Crutez concerned. The drone's sensors were scanning every car that we pass before continuing to orbit us. Once we get into our neighborhood, the drone flew higher into the sky, going up and up until it was just a small black dot against the clouds. We turn the corner, coming face to face with a police cruiser and a road block up the street from my house; the officer walks up to the lead escort and talks to the officer in there, before waving us through. The combat robot bends down and removes the spike strip from across the road, allowing us to go through. Crowds of people stand in the street in the streets yelling and shouting, many of them have signs they're waving around as a group of police officers try to keep them on the other side of the street. My house is in complete lockdown, silvery blast shields lowered over the windows, as SWAT team members and my guards run around the outside of my house in full combat suits.

Four American SWAT team members surround my car, two of them carrying a plate-like-device on short metal rods that they stick under my car "What is happening, what is happening here?" I ask the nearest officer while rolling the window down.

"There was an anonymous tip reporting a potential bomb threat at your residence Mister Ambassador" the officer says while ducking to look into my open window "as soon as we search your car you will be escorted into the facility"

I look back and see the SWAT member walking around the rear, holding the device under the bumper as he scans side to side "Rear is clear!!"

"Front is clear!"

The officer we were talking to opens the door for Crutez and I, and steps to the side as I step out, Crutez waving to the group of his men who are waiting just inside the gates. Two leap into the air, engaging their thrusters attached to their backs, shoulders, and lower legs, gliding through the air over to us before landing and skidding on the concrete, leaving deep white scratch marks behind him with his combat boots. The slightly off set thrusters pointing outwards over their shoulders slowing them to a stop right next to us.

"Lets move" One of the guards says as he looks around behind me, pushing me towards the other two guards at the gate and slowly walking backwards to follow us. Bottles and bricks smach against the road around me, spraying us with shards of glass that sting my legs; one of the guards swats a bottle out of the air that would have hit my face-it shatters against the ground-before he pulls his gun up and shouts at the guy who threw it in Xirexian. The girl who threw the bottle stumble backwards and trips, falling awkwardly onto her butt and puts her hands up.

"Hold fire hold fire!" Crutez yells to the guard in Xirexian, shoving the barrel down towards the ground, away from the crowd as police officers form a human wall to keep the crowds at bay. One of the officer's handcuffing and dragging her over to his car.

My guards push me inside the house, two of them staying outside the front door-rifles at the ready as they watch the gate-the other two escorting me down to the basement, into the waiting panic room. Cold and cramped, the bare concrete floors and metal walls are cold to the touch, and the damp, musky air makes it all the more uncomfortable in here. But if the rioters break through the police barricades and into my house, this is about the safest place I could be in. I sit at the table and lean forwards, rubbing my face with both of my paws.

"What the hell" I mumble to nobody while still rubbing my face, before turning to face Schrader "what did I do wrong"

He pulls a chair over and sits across from me "You didn't do anything wrong, people are just, scared of change and new things" he says, clasping his hands together as he looks towards me.