Chapter 6: Excuses

An hour passed, you started crying and panicking. Setsuno tried to calm you down. "S-Setsu..." You said, your breath hitching. Setsuno felt guilty, seeing you like this. But he couldn't help you, he vowed he will follow Overhaul and listen to his orders. "Don't worry, they're- they're just talking..." Setsuno said, patting your head slightly.

The door suddenly opened, revealing Kurono. "Overhaul is calling you, (y/n)." Kurono said. A hopeful smile appeared on your teary face as you happily wiped your tears away. "Hm!" You gave a nod and went from Setsuno to Kurono.

For a second Setsuno looked worried at your back before he averted his eyes, coughing a little awkwardly and grabbing his mask.

You walked next to Kurono. "S-soooo...Mama is here?" You asked, looking up at Kurono. "I can't say anything." Kurono responded, making you slightly pout.

You sighed and followed him to a room which is Overhaul's office. Kurono quickly knocked three times. "Come in." Overhaul said. Kurono opened the door. You two walked in. You looked confused around as if you're searching for something.

"Where's mama?" You asked. "Ah, (m/n)..." Overhaul said. You looked at him, waiting for him to continue. "Why don't you sit down?" Overhaul said, his eyes trailing to the couch infront of him. You went and sat down on the couch. Kurono sat beside you. 

"Your mother left you." Overhaul said. Your eyes slightly widened in shock before you shaked your head. "You mean she's coming later? She's staying longer away?" You asked, your lips curving in a nervous smile.

"No." Overhaul coldly replied. Your smile drooped. "But-" You got cut off by Overhaul. "I mean, she abandoned you." Overhaul said. "Abandoned? What's that again?" You asked, forgetting what that word exactly meant.

You heard a dry chuckle from Overhaul. "She's never coming back. She doesn't want you anymore. She doesn't love you. Your mother only sees you like an extra, a burden." Overhaul said. ('Extra', makes me think about what Bakugou says about people...)

"N-no way..." You said, voice shaking and eyes tearing up. "Cruel, isn't it?" Overhaul said, leaning a little forward. 

Overhaul sighed. You cried, not able to hold the tears back. Everything was going so good earlier, what happened now?- Why? "But mama would never-" You started, but Overhaul interrupted you. "Never trust humans, (y/n). They're cruel and selfish. They'll put a fake face on and pretend as if they love you, only to backstab you later. But I- no, we, really love you. We would never abandon you." Overhaul said, trying to sound kind and pitiful towards you.

You sniffed and looked at Overhaul. "I-..." You wiped your tears away. "I'm sorry, but I don't believe you." You said with a determined gaze. Overhaul narrowed his eyes a little, frowning slightly. "Mama isn't the kind of woman who would do that. She is kind and beautiful both inside and outside. Mama would always put loved ones before herself and cry all night about something tiny that happened to one of her friends. She would never abandon someone, let alone, me. She is a hero, my hero. She doesn't have a quirk, she isn't physically that strong, she isn't titled as a hero...but she is a hero in my eyes." You said.

"You're so smart, but kinda silly at the same time." Overhaul said, tapping his gloved fingers on his lap. You frowned a little. "She was acting." Overhaul said casually.

"No." You said and stood up. "I'll search for her by myself. She must be around here somewhere-" Before you could walk away, you felt a grip on your wrist which kept you in place. You turned your head around and saw Kurono, his gloved hand wrapped around your wrist. 

"You're not going anywhere, (y/n)." Overhaul said, he stood up.