🐺Marrying An Outlaw (John Marston)🐺

I know that I said I would finish the Arthur X Reader but I had this idea and just had to write it! If you've ever seen the movie  "Goin South" you'll understand why I had to write this. For those who don't know it's about a man named Henry Moon (Jack Nicholson) is on death row and can be saved by a woman who marries him. Of course my first thought was Arthur and then I scratched that out. The I thought about Sean...didn't feel right. John marston seemed to perfectly fit. Sean was a very close though. However, I am aware that there is no town in RDR that is like that so please bear with me on this! I decided to make a "town" up if you will, called stones creek . It's located just above  Valentine but not too close to the Indian village. I hope you enjoy this as much as I had fun writing this!! Also I will say I kinda do ship john and Abigail and I didn't really wanna mess with the timeline too bad, I wrote she passed away too soon before her actual death date. Again I apologize for that but it helped me create this. Poor abbey :(

Warnings: None, fluff, saving a poor outlaw in distress (again)

Word count: 2.2k
______________________________________________________________________________

"Oh Betsy, don't you know not to stare at those men? They mean business! That look on the ones face is enough to scare anybody." You said as you walked along the the graveled path that lead towards the general store. "I wouldn't wanna mess with them."

"Oh quit lying to yourself (y/n)!" Betsy said as she giggled at your nervousness. "You know just as much as I do that they don't look so bad and actually quite handsome." She said as she slowly came to a halt while eyeing the one down.

Having enough of this I took her am and sped up our pace to the store as the two men turned around looking at us. Sure an outlaw here or there came to the town, but nothing quite as big as this. There must have been about 8 of them standing outside the saloon having a smoke or drink talking among one another. The store was just ahead and without even glancing back you walked in, arm still attached to Betsy's. She slid her arm out from your grasp with a smile on her face knowing she was right. The both of you browsed around the small store picking up canned goods that you needed and horse care products that Betsy's horse needed. It was long before the both of you had what you needed before deciding to return to your home to make dinner that you both planned to have with a couple of other friends tonight.

As the both of you walked out the group of men had disappeared before one of them sped by you, almost knocking he can out of your hand.

"Sorry ma'am." Said the stranger as he turned around and gave a guilty look before continuing on his hurriedly way muttering under his breath about how this man named "John" was an "idiot"  for not listening and getting out of there sooner.

Before the both of you knew it guards ran in the middle of town and began to chase the man that bumped into you and tackle a man that was trying to escape. The blue eyed scurried away on his horse and the one with brown eyes layed on the ground groaning as his hands were being tied.

"You don't think?" You said as you looked at her, eyes wide like a scared deer that was spotted.

"I think I do." She said as she looked back at the man that was being forced to walk towards the noose. "I wonder what he did? He couldn't have done something that bad here. It's a pretty low lie place and nothing ever goes on here."

"Maybe we should go check it out."

I should have been appalled by her statement, but oddly I was not. I didn't feel fear nor sadness, this strange man seemed to have but my emotions on hold per say. It was an odd feeling for sure, but I couldn't help but agree with her. Maybe it wasn't such a bad idea to get a close look at this fella.