a note & some other things

7 Weeks Without You originated from the idea of grief: that five letter word we're always scared to hear. Each section in this book represents a week and each week further represents a stage of grief. From denial and pain to how one rises to hope and freedom. By no means am I suggesting that 7 weeks are enough to deal with grief or overcome it. I understand how some of us can be grieving for months and years. I myself have been doing it for years now, but these 7 weeks are a start. So I hope you read the book keeping that in mind.

Through this short poetry book, I just want you all to know that you aren't alone. You have people by your side who want to help you make the best of everything, people who want to help you get out of this dark phase. However, if it is time you need, then time you can have. Everyone needs time to get acquainted with the loss. You don't have to worry about it. Just know that when you're ready to move on, you will have us by your side.

If you need any help, feel free to talk to me. I'll be here.

Another thing to note here is how each poem inside is written in lowercase. I've added all the other punctuation except the uppercase ones. That's because of experience. I've noticed how when I write something while crying, I tend to not include uppercase letters. This may be just me, I can't really say for others. But just understand that the lowercase is intentional so if you're giving a feedback on the work, I hope you keep that in mind.

That being side, this is my first themed poetry collection. I'd love to see what you think of it. I'd love for you to point out my errors and how I can improve, because of course, no amounts of edits are enough ever, are they? :)

With that, I wish you luck on reading this book. It's short but I hope you have a great time.

happy reading!