Special Episode

10 Years Later

It had been ten long years since the birth of his son. Ten years of being in ATEEZ. Eventually, they'd completed their mandatory military service, but even then Yunho and Mingi made time for Little Sang who wasn't so little anymore. Now 10 years old, the child was just like his father, eager to become something greater than. Yunho noticed the drive and the creativity within Song Sang-Ye. Five years after Little Sang's birth, Chan-hee passed away due to health complications, and Mingi took full custody of Little Sang without hesitation. Even though his schedule was tight and he didn't know how things would work out, with Yunho's help he was able to parent Little Sang. ATEEZ's popularity never waned. Even during their military service, it never faltered. Even when it came out that Mingi had a son, their fans were more supportive than not.

Mingi and Yunho lived together in a beautiful apartment in South Korea. Little Sang had his own room. To say they spoiled him was an understatement, but he also knew the value of things as well. Yunho spent many nights reading to Little Sang and making sure he understood. Mingi was more lenient than Yunho with their son, but Mingi never once made Yunho feel as if he didn't have any say in raising Sang-Ye. He also asked for Yunho's input, and never used the words "he's my child" whenever they disagreed about anything regarding Sang-Ye. They were in this together. Yunho was there when Sang-Ye was born. Mingi was the biological father, but Yunho had put in just as many hours helping. He more than deserved to be called dad by Sang-Ye.

The topic of when to tell Sang-Ye about his fathers was still a topic of discussion. Yunho wanted to tell him soon, and Mingi wasn't so sure. One thing was certain, Mingi and Yunho's parents were more than supportive and helped whenever they could with Little Sang. They'd watch the child whenever both were on tour or too busy. Their parents even asked when they'd make a home for Little Sang. Mingi was shocked, but Yunho always laughed it off. Marriage was a big deal and he wanted to make sure they were in a position to do it without restraint. For now, they were happy being in a 10 year committed relationship. They wore rings on their fingers even though they weren't legally married, it helped solidify things for them.

August 20, 2019

"Did you pack everything?" Mingi asked looking at Yunho.

San and Wooyoung's wedding was the event of the year for them. Everyone they knew had been invited. Seonghwa and Hongjoong were on their way as well. Jongho was already there. Yunho remembered going with Wooyoung to Yeosang's grave. He said he'd made a promise to not return, but he wanted to let Yeosang know that he was getting married. Yunho went with him because he wanted Yeosang to know how Little Sang was doing. It was relaxing, and a healthy way to cope, but after that last visit, they both made a declaration to let Yeosang rest. They sat in the back of the black Denali as it drove towards San and Wooyoung's house. They'd just landed and were excited to be back in the US.

"I did, I packed Little Sang's clothes too. How long are we gonna be out here?"

"About two weeks. Three at most because I have some work to do while we're here."

"I heard San got BTS to come. You know how much Wooyoung loves them. I was happy to get to know them over the years," Yunho said.

"Yea, I learned a lot from them."

"Daddy, daddy. Are uncle San and uncle Wooyoung in trouble?" Little Sang said looking up at Yunho.

"No, they're not in trouble. You see, when two people love each other so very much, eventually they want to declare it to the world. It's called marriage."

"Grandma says that love is love right daddy?" Little Sang said.

"That's right baby, love is love," Mingi said.

"Daddy, are you gonna marry daddy Y?" Little Sang said grabbing both their hands and bringing them together in front of him.

Yunho looked up from Little Sang and noticed Mingi looking at him. He smiled and returned his gaze to Little Sang.

"One day, Pupper," Yunho said roughing up Sang-Ye's hair. "For now, we want to make sure you have all the love you can handle."

Little Sang was silent for a moment as if processing what Yunho had just said.

"Where are we?" Little Sang asked.

"We are in the United States of America, and we are going to visit your Uncle San and Uncle Wooyoung. They're getting married and invited us to be there for the big occasion. We will be staying here for about three weeks Pupper," Yunho said making sure he spoke in a way that Little Sang could understand.

"I miss uncle Wooyoung. He buys me awesome toys."

"Yes, he's been busy."

"Daddy. Can I be a tertainer like you and daddy Y?"

"You can be whatever you want to be son," Mingi said. Yunho smiled.

=====

After the wedding, Little Sang had fun talking to everyone at the reception. He ran up to Wooyoung who embraced him, and San gave him money as if it were his birthday. Yunho had scolded San about giving Yunho money. They instilled in Little Sang a want to work and make his own way in life, but they couldn't deny their family spoiled Little Sang. Thankfully, their son was very humble.

"Uncle Wooyoung, Uncle San, guess what," Little Sang said out loud. His volume had

gathered everyone's attention.

"What's up Little Man?" San asked picking Sang-Ye up.

"Daddy and Daddy Y are getting. Um. What's that word? Grandma said hatched."

"Hatched?" Wooyoung said looking at Yunho and Mingi. Yunho was as shocked as everyone else.

"Do you mean they're getting married?"

"Yes."

"Mingi what is he talking about?" Yunho asked as he turned to see Mingi down on one knee. Yunho clasped his hand over his mouth and everyone was silent.

"Jeong Yun Ho. There is nothing I want more than to spend the rest of my life with you raising our son and living freely. So many times you've saved me, and I can never repay you for your heart, but this is a start. Will you marry me?"

"Yes," Yunho said as Mingi slid a new ring on his finger.

"See, told ya," Little Sang said as everyone cheered and clapped for them. Wooyoung was privy to what was happening. Mingi had called him weeks ago asking if it would be okay for him to propose to Yunho during their reception. Wooyoung immediately said yes, and he was glad he did. This moment would forever be etched in everyone's minds.

"Congrats," San said as he approached the two. "Now let's party."

"I'll take Little Sang to play," Jungkook said as he approached Wooyoung. "After all I need some time away from Jimin and Taehyung," he added scooping Little Sang up in his arms.

"I love you Mingi," Yunho said looking into his eyes.

"And I will always love you Yunho," Mingi said.

The END