Chapter Eleven

Yume sighed.
One child. She'd only saved one child, if only she'd arrived sooner. If only-
"Yume," the said person looked up to see Koharu. "Are you feeling alright, you've looked slightly pale since you got back?" Yume nodded slightly and Koharu sighed. She reached into her pocket and pulled out something. "Here, a candy," she smiled sweetly. Yume's eyes watered.
"K-Koharu..." she mumbled. Koharu instantly hugged her child hood friend and began to comfort her.
"It's okay, Yume, it'll all be okay," she told her, feeling her shirt begin to grow damp. Yume was shaking in her arms and there was nothing she could do, except be there for her.
"I never wanted this, why can't I go back to the time before I realised I had powers, why?" Yume wailed. Koharu comforted her again and the two eventually fell asleep.

"Hmmm..." Laura frowned. "Considering how your powers work you'll need a weapon that can compliment your ability, maybe a sword.... or a gun," Lala paled. She'd barely been able to land a hit and that was only because Laura let her guard down. Now she was going to have to learn to use a weapon.....
"I'd rather use a sword...." Lala mumbled. If she shoots someone they're guaranteed to die but if she slashes someone with the back of her sword then she won't kill them. Laura smirked.
"Well then go bring out two bamboo swords from the cupboard over there," Laura pointed to on in the corner of the room. Lala nodded.

Yume woke up with puffy red eyes. She was still clenching Koharu's sweet in her hand which she decided to eat. After unwrapping it she saw writing on the inside of the wrapper.
Yume, keep doing your best.
Yume smiled fondly at her child hood friend, before popping the sweet into her mouth.
"I'm heading out," Yume mumbled as she covered Koharu with a blanket. She then silently left the room and washed her face in the toilet. "Maybe I should check up on Lala?" She frowned. "No I need some fresh air," she decided and left the base.

"I don't understand people," Yume sighed as she sat on a bench. "How can they do such cruel things so anyone else, especially children?" She flinched as she thought about the horrors she'd seen at the factory. It wasn't the first time she'd seen things like that and it won't be her last. "I'm still...." she trailed off and shook her head.
Chocolate brown hair turned the corner and Yume's eyes widened in shock. She ran after him.
"S-Subaru," she yelled as she turned the corner. What she saw made her freeze. Subaru was standing over three bodies. "You killed them!" She growled. Subaru turned to see her and his eyes widened slightly.
"Yume...." he turned away from her. "I'll be going now," he waved and disappeared.
"Are you okay?" Yume ran over to one of them who was twitching slightly. "Why would he.... do this?" Yume swallowed her vomit at the gory sight.
"Nijino Yume..." the man pulled out a gun from his pocket and shakily aimed at her. Yume was too surprised to move.

The gun shot echoed.