Chapter Fourteen

Yume woke up to the fresh smell of cookies. She opened her eyes slightly and instantly closed them again as the sunlight hit her.
"Gah! It's too bright!" She yelled. "Wait! Subaru! Where is he?" She sat up and jumped out of bed. "Koharu!" She ran down the stairs and saw her purple haired friend. "How did I end up here? What happened...?"
"Yume, you're awake," Koharu looked at her then at the floor. "Ummm... I was waiting for the cookies to finish cooking,"
"Sleeping beauty's awake," Laura smirked.
"Laura and Lala, why are you here?" Yume wondered.
"The thing is... I'm not sure how to tell you.... Laura, you do it!" Lala passed it to Laura.
"Huh? Wait what? Ummmm..... the thing is- I can't do it, Koharu," Laura pointed at Koharu.
"Yes? Oh well you see Lala recently discovered that she can see into the past and when we saw.... Subaru...." Yume's eyes widened at the mention of Subaru. "He dropped you off outside and then left, we were curious so Lala suggested finding out what happened that day," at the mention of that day Yume clenched her first and the blood lust coming from her suffocated the other three girls.
"Yume! Calm down!" Laura yelled and Yume blinked.
"Ah! Sorry," she laughed nervously. "I'm just going to go out for a bit,"
"No!" Koharu grabbed Yume's wrist. "You know as well as anyone else Subaru would never do something like that without a reason, every time I suggest investigating what happened you refuse! You're scared of the truth so you avoid it, Yume, you coward!" She screamed.
"Where do you get off calling me a coward! Your normal, you have no ability, you've never experienced what I have, your parents are alive, you have Asishi and you're in love! You'll never experience what I have! You're full of empty words!" Yume screamed back.
"Yume!" Laura slapped Yume across the face. "I've never once been ashamed to have you as our leader but I don't want a captain whose a coward and can't even stand up to your own emotions, if this is how you're going to be I quit,"
"L-Laura..." Yume watched as Laura walked away. "W-wait! Don't go! I'm sorry!"
"Once you can face yourself come find me, until then don't bother," Laura opened the door and and left.
"Y-Yume.... I admired you since you were really cool... but right now you're not... if I were you I'd want to know the truth, so I'll tell you whether you want it or not," Lala started. Yume tried to cover her ears but Koharu stopped her. "Your parents tried to sell you and Subaru and when he found out they attacked him, while defending himself he accidentally killed them,"
"N-no way... your lying... you're lying! Leave me alone," Yume yelled and suddenly Lala and Koharu flew back into the wall. "I don't believe you," she backed away slowly before turning and running away.