Chapter Twenty One

Lala woke up to see her familiar ceiling and sat up panting and clutching her chest, there was still a dull throb which convinced Lala that it wasn't just a dream.
"Lala wake up! Or you'll be late to show those new students around!" The familiar cry of her mum could be heard.

New students?? Is this time travel? What's the date?

She glanced at the calendar on her wall and it showed the same day Yui and Shougo first transferred into the school. Lala had travelled back further than she'd expected but it was also the day everything began. Lala quickly got out of bed and got dressed and ran downstairs.
"Oh! Your up earlier than usual," her mum smiled at her. Lala ran over and hugged her mum so hard that she almost fell over. "Is something wrong?"
"No.... just a bad dream is all," Lala replied. And that's all she planned to make it.

"Manaka-San... you're on time...." the Principal stared at her with disbelief and Lala just smiled back. "Well done!"
"Hehe! Capisce!" Lala grinned. Standing behind Principal Babaria was the Yumekawa siblings Lala waved at them. Yui waved back and Shougo nodded at her slightly. Yui seemed slightly off to Lala though.
"Okay well I leave it to you to guide them then," The Principal walked off to her office.
"I guess I'll show you to your classrooms first then," Lala smiled. Suddenly Lala realised that Shougo wasn't there during the tour at first, they met later... is it because she was earlier??

Lala shrugged it off and continued the tour.

Yui woke up sweating. She'd had a dream where she was waiting for Shougo to come home when there was a big explosion just when she saw him running towards their apartment from the window. She saw him be blown away before she herself was hit. After waking up she started screaming and wouldn't calm down for around ten minutes. The whole time Shougo was hugging her and trying to calm her down.
Which is why he'd stayed with Yui the whole day aside from class. As soon as break started he'd run straight towards Yui.

This was weird to Lala. Shougo didn't really approach them at all before and Yui was a lot louder but today she sat there quietly and only replied when someone spoke to her.

At the end of the day Shougo was surrounded by people just like before and Lala just watched as Yui silently followed him home.

Yui was acting strange and it was all different.

"Yui you do realise it's all a dream don't you, there's no way anything like that could happen," Shougo told her. Yui jsut gripped his shirt and cried.
"But... it felt so real and when I lost you.... I was all alone.... I didn't have anyone..... I hated it..... i was actually glad when the blast hit me," Yui cried.
"You should say that," Shougo narrowed his eyes. "You shouldn't say that you were glad to die because I'm still alive and it hurts me to hear you say that,"
"... sorry...." Yui mumbled.

But she couldn't help it because the only reason she was no longer trapped in that dark room was because of Shougo. Without him she'd have no reason to live.