Chapter Five

A day has passed since I left Soobin on the sidewalk of their guest house and hopped into Jin's car with Andy. She also filled me with the details that she's been seeing Jin for a little over a year now in private, so private that even her own father doesn't know, and she's making the most out of their time left before Jin gets called to serve in the South Korean army. Apparently, they met when Jin hired her to design his then newly-bought apartment and one thing led to the other. After she told me her truth, I asked if she had any plans on telling Vernon about Jin. She just shrugged and replied she'll decide when he gets back from the army.

It was now Monday and only I was left at home. Both Vernon and Andy went to their jobs while my mother met-up with some of her and Vernon's common friends. She invited me to join them but I declined due to the fact that I wasn't in the mood to be a photographer for a group of middle-aged women. I sat at the porch, watching cars and random joggers pass by. Ultimately after everything that happened in the span of that certain night, I decided not to tell anyone about anything – even Mona, who was the biggest BTS fan I knew. I will tell her eventually, when I see her again in person so I would have time to process all of the past events.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed that after giving my number to Tomorrow x Together, none of them had the guts to send me a single text message. I waited for a text or a call but not one came. That was actually all I did yesterday while touring nearby spots with Vernon and my mom. My hands were glued to my phone, hoping for a notification from an unknown number. I obviously gave up and decided to divert my attention to Vernon who was trying his best to show us the best of Florida.

It was getting too humid for my liking outside so I stood up from my seat and walked back inside to make myself a snack. Vernon did say that I should feel at home, anyway. After grabbing two slices of Kraft squares, I delicately put two slices of bread inside the toaster and waited for it to erupt. Still glancing from my phone time-to-time, but immediately pinched myself out of it. I shook my head and the toaster threw the slices of bread out. I lounged at the living area with my sandwich and a juice box while scrolling through Netflix. I decided to play the movie 'After' which was originally a Harry Styles fan fiction.

Just then, my phone rang.

I picked up but was left somehow disappointed when I heard a different person's voice, not the one I was expecting. "Let's go out."

"Hello to you too, Yeonjun." I snarked at the caller and heard him chuckle.

"Sorry. I thought we were pass formalities already," he replied. "Let me do that again, Hello Ara. Let's go out."

I laughed at his second attempt which was no better than the first. I curled myself up into a ball after putting down my sandwich so I could talk to Yeonjun better. "Thanks for being direct to the point but what makes you think I'd go out with someone who had my number for two days and didn't even bother sending one text?"

"Aish. I see you're the possessive type, I like that."

"It's not just you, it's all of you. I gave all of you guys my number and none of you bothered texting me." I said with a pout. Thankfully Yeonjun couldn't see me right now or else he'd probably tease me for it.

"Well that's where you're wrong, Ara. You only gave your number to the four of us. Soobin didn't have his phone with him when you gave it out and he never really asked anyone for it." His statement tugged a string in my heart.

He didn't even bother asking for it from the other guys.

I quickly brushed the feeling off and got back into my senses, "Oh. Makes sense." Was all I could utter out.