Chapter Seven

"So, would mind explaining what was Soobin doing here earlier?" A curious Andy chirped while she laid next to me on my bed. I covered my face with a pillow in response and she forcefully removed it, forcing me to give her an answer. "Would you rather I ask tita Denise about it, then?"

I threw my pillow in her direction, which unfortunately, she caught before it hit her in the face. "You know, Andy... I've always wanted a sister but I didn't know they'd be so nosy."

She let out a giggle and tried to reach for me to hug. "C'mon Ara, what's going on with you and Mr. Soobin Choi?"

I rolled my eyes after the mention of Soobin's name come out of Andy's mouth. "Nothing. He just came over to return the clothes from the night of the party." I shrugged and started scrolling through my phone, attempting to avoid the conversation I was in.

"I see... but that doesn't explain the fact the bouquet and the fact that I saw you two cuddled up on the couch, sound asleep, when I got home." She teased and gave suggestive looks.

"Can you please stop?" I groaned once again. I didn't want to continue the conversation even more because of how I finally got more than what I've been waiting for the past few days. My mind instantly plays the memory from earlier before he left...

"Thanks for having me over, Ara. Please extend my gratitude to your mom again." Soobin said while bowing at me slightly.

We were standing at the porch and his Uber was on its way, approximately about to turn to the street. It was around in the afternoon and the sun was beginning to set. Florida didn't seem so hot now, a cool breeze even greeted Soobin and I every few seconds.

"You've thanked my mom and I at least 4 times already, give it a break." I said while hitting his arm slightly. We both chuckled, then silence immediately wrapped the both of us again. Looking in each other's eyes has grown natural now. And just like that, the sound of a car's horn broke the moment.

"That's my ride," I acknowledged his sentence with a nod. "Bye, Ara."

He turned around and started to walk towards the car when I did what I've wanted to since the moment Yeonjun told me the reason why I wasn't getting a text from Soobin. "Why didn't you ask for my number?"

He stopped his tracks. I could tell that he was startled from my sudden question. I covered my mouth with both my hands in response to what I just did. He turned his head around, meeting my gaze. It was at that moment that I was sure I wanted to be swallowed whole by the earth.

"I'd rather be able to talk to you in person. I'll see you tomorrow, then."

And just like that, he got in the sedan and I watched him drive off in awe.

"Hello? Earth to Ara?" Andy snapped me out of my trance. "Gee, Soobin really got you whipped huh? Anyway, it's almost dinner time so you better get yourself together." She pulled me out of bed and drags me downstairs.

Am I really whipped for Choi Soobin?

We were now at dinner and Vernon was telling a story about one of his new interns, saying that the youth nowadays have such a bright and pure perspective on the future. My mother and Andy were actively participating in the conversation while I just focused myself on the plate in front of me.

Before Soobin arrived earlier today, I was obsessing over the text Yeonjun sent me this morning. Before Soobin arrived earlier today, I was losing sleep over the "date" Yeonjun took me on yesterday. Before Soobin arrived earlier today, I was almost sure that I was interested in Yeonjun. But look at me now, letting him in my future step-dad's house and watching movies with him. We even fell asleep together for the second time.