Chapter Six

"Good morning, Ara. Get yourself some breakfast, talk to you in a bit :)" I read the text on my phone over and over again. It was the day after Yeonjun took me out to go to the library and since then, he was the only thing on my mind. I thought it wasn't in my character to be flustered by a boy only after one date but then again, I came into realizations that... yesterday was my first date. Yeonjun never said it was a one, though. But somehow it felt like it was.

I groaned in frustration as I chewed my cereal. My eyes were still glued to the phone, reading the text. I wasn't sure if I should reply due to the fact that my feelings were all over the place. I slammed my phone on the table and my mom instantly noticed, she raised a brow in my direction.

"If you break that, I'm not getting you a new one."

"Sorry. School stuff gets me frustrated; you know?"

My mom nodded in agreement and continued to scroll through her phone. I noticed that she seemed like she was at peace even though her daughter almost just broke her phone a few seconds ago. Her aura was more serene than it ever was and I guess it was probably thanks to Vernon. I was happy for her but somehow still not fully.

The doorbell rang and my mom got up to answer. I was going to reach out for my phone and stare angrily at Yeonjun's text again but my mom called out for me.

"I'm coming," I responded and jogged to the front door. My jaw dropped when I saw a tall, familiar figure with a bouquet of flowers in one of his hands and a paper bag in the another. He gave me a sheepish smile, exposing his dimples, and a shy nod.

"You guys talk in the living room. I'll go ahead and prepare some snacks." My mom broke the silence and scurried back into the kitchen.

"For you," he said while handing me the flowers and the paper bag. I snapped myself out of the trance and took them from him.

"Thanks. You didn't have to." I was staring at the gorgeous bouquet which was composed of roses, daisies, and baby's breath.

"I didn't know what to bring; I didn't want to show up empty-handed." He chuckled awkwardly and brought his right hand to his nape.

I lead Soobin to the living area and beckoned him to sit down next to me on the couch. We sat in silence for a while whilst constantly looking away from each other after taking short glances. My mom came in with a tray of sandwiches and orange juice. We thanked her in unison and she left again after saying, "If you need anything, I'll be in my room."

"What brings you here?" I finally mustered the courage to ask.

"I wanted to give you back the clothes you left. I'm sorry it took so long."

I nodded again and reached out for the glass of orange juice sitting in front of us and gave it to Soobin. I started eating a sandwich and once again, Soobin and I were sitting in silence. He put the glass back on the coaster and cleared his throat, "Actually... I just wanted to see you I guess."

I almost choked on my sandwich. Did I just hear that right? First, it was Yeonjun and now Soobin tells me those words. I tried to look calm and asked him why.

He lets out a sigh, "I'm tired, Ara." The bags under his eyes definitely supported his statement. They weren't as bad as a normal person's but they were still quite evident due to his skin's complexion. "We're supposed to be relaxing here in Florida. That was the purpose of this vacation and yet somehow... I'm still the leader who keeps the group safe and together."

I stared at his expression more while he stared into the distance. "I'm sorry," was all I could think to say. He smiled at me, "Don't be. In fact, I should be thanking you. You and your mom let me in your home and even fed me sandwiches."