Chapter Eight

Time check: 7 am in the morning.

I wasn't happy about this day. Not at all. First, it's summer vacation but here I am waking up early in the morning just like in school. Second, I'm going on a "double-date" with my step-sister and his boyfriend with a guy I met just a few days ago. I'm surprised that my mother and Vernon weren't surprised when Andy told them last night that she'd be taking me out again, this time with her so-called "friend". They probably thought we're just super close now and want to bond as much as possible so they let it slide.

I was once again in Andy's room, sitting on her bed while waiting for her to come out of her closet to give me today's outfit. I peeped at the window in the room and see the sun in its glory. I have never been awake this early during summer vacation so I never really got to appreciate the morning sun. But even if the sun was out and shining, I was still feeling a bit chilly due to the blasting A.C. unit in Andy's room.

She finally came out of her closet and handed me over what seemed like a black one-piece swimsuit with long sleeves. I take the piece of fabric from her and looked at her in confusion. "Why are you giving me a bathing suit?"

She giggled. "We're going swimming, silly!"

"What the hell?" I let out a bit loudly, causing Andy to laugh.

"Don't worry. We're not going to the beach, it's too public. We're going to an indoor scuba-diving site," she explained and carries on with prepping herself. She sat in front of her vanity and tied her hair into one French braid. "I'll braid you in a bit. For now, just get dressed in normal summer clothes okay? We'll have breakfast with Jin and Soobin first."

I dragged myself out of her room with the swimsuit on my arm to look for a "normal summer outfit" in my suitcases. I decided to look for something that I could take-off easily because I'll be changing out of it after a few hours anyway. I dug through my suitcase to look for my white tube top and a pair of blush ribbon-shorts. Right after dressing up, I stare myself in the mirror to examine my choice of clothes and wondered if I was trying too hard with my outfit. I didn't want Andy to get the wrong idea that I'm trying to impress a certain Korean boy. Before I could double-think my outfit and change, someone knocked on my door.

I rushed to open it and see Andy who dragged me back into her room and made me sit in front of her vanity. "What took you so long? They'll be here any minute!" she scolded and started braiding my hair. She parted it in the middle and worked with the left side first, then after the right.

"Has Vernon left for work yet?" I ask.

"I think he has, why?"

"Well... I just figured you wouldn't want him to see Jin pick us up."

"Jin and Soobin," she corrects. "There, you're all done. Now put a bit of blush and highlight on so you'll look sun-kissed."

I nodded and immediately did what I was told. I was starting to get used to wearing makeup everyday now thanks to Andy's encouragement. She told me that it was okay if I didn't, but a little extra something wouldn't hurt.

Andy's phone rang. It was Jin, of course. I hurriedly went back to my room and stuffed all the things I would need for today in a backpack and met with Andy at the front door. We both kissed my mom goodbye and waited for Jin's car on the sidewalk.

"You look cute," Andy complimented me with a grin while scanning me from head-to-toe. "I'm sure Soobin will find you cute, too."

"Stop. Soobin and I aren't a thing."

She laughed my snarky comment off and a familiar sedan pulls up. Soobin gets off the car from the passenger seat and greets us good morning. He was wearing a white ringer tee and a pair of black sweat shorts. To say he looked nice in his outfit was an understatement but I'd like to keep that comment to myself.