𝖙𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞-𝖙𝖜𝖔

BEFORE THE TWO quarrelling immortals could continue with their heated argument, they heard a ding emit from the door

BEFORE THE TWO quarrelling immortals could continue with their heated argument, they heard a ding emit from the door. Arabella and Dracula both glared at each other before turning towards the door.

"Don't take this as an excuse to drop the subject," Arabella spat at the vampire, who only smirked in return.

"But we have guests. And what sort of hosts would we be if we argued in front of them?" Dracula smugly spoke as he walked towards the door. Arabella's gaze followed him yet she remained by the table, her knuckles turning white as she clenched her fists in anger and torment.

Dracula swung open the door to reveal a young brunet man with a terrified look plastered on his face. Arabella recognised him as Jack. He was at Lucy's funeral and one of her 'friends' - by that, he constantly Lucy told the witch that he was always lusting after her, to the point where Lucy got engaged just to put him off. She had met him a few times, never had a full conversation with him - just the odd hello and how are you, but in Arabella's eyes, he was ultimately harmless. Next to him was -

"Agatha?" Arabella declared when she spotted the woman. "How the fuck are you still alive?!" She exclaimed, walking up to stand behind Dracula's shoulder. "Don't tell me you turned her too!" She whacked Dracula's shoulder.

"No, actually. This is Doctor Zoe Van Helsing. Agatha's descendant. She worked at the Johnathan Harker Centre, which I'm sure you would've heard of, Arabella."

"Arabella? As in Arabella Victoria Andrei?" Zoe asked, eyeing the girl behind Dracula. Dracula and Arabella nodded. "Oh, lovely to meet you, finally. Heard a lot about you," Zoe held her hand out to the young witch. Arabella tightly smiled and shook the doctor's hand shortly.

Zoe turned to Dracula with a faint smirk. "You don't look very surprised."

"You don't very dead," Dracula countered with a smile. Arabella watched the encounter with a heavy heart. Her nostrils flared as she watched his eyes travel across her face.

"I'm getting there," Zoe responded, pushing past him and Arabella to walk into his apartment. "Finding you wasn't difficult. A man of your breeding and ego is incapable of hiding. We just looked for a tall building with multiple exits and no view of a church,"

"Plus," Jack began. "Your number was listed-" he didn't finish his sentence before Dracula began charging at him, causing Jack to stumble over a seat at the table. Arabella stumbled after him, pulling his arm back to try and haul him back away from the innocent brunet, but it was no use - Dracula was too strong.

"How kind of you," he turned to Zoe. "Bringing a bottle to the party. Very inferior vintage," Dracula spoke, gripping Jack's neck harshly. Arabella furrowed her brow and used her powers to rip Dracula's hand from Jack's body.