✐ Chapter 2: A Lone Castle ✎

♛ ⋆♔⋆ ♛

"We should've been there by now. Maybe we missed a turn." Kuroko said illuminating signs.

Kuroko then looked over the darker path.

"Maybe it's this way.."

As soon as he illuminated the path way, a swarm of bats showed up making H/N (horse name) buck Kuroko off of it and ran away.

He widened his eyes in fear and called out, "Wait! H/N.."

The man stood up in fear and still continued to walk, not until he slipped and fell from the short cliff.

"Oof.." Kuroko let out a small whimper of pain.

He patted the dirt off of him and looked around. It was dark and the only source of light he had was gone.

However, he looked up and saw a huge dark castle. It looked somewhat abandoned.

As he went in and opened the gates, his hat fell, leaving it on the ground. He shivered feeling the cold atmosphere as soon as he opened the castle's large doors.

"Pardon me for intruding.. but is someone here?" Kuroko said.

Far by the table is a candlelight and a clockwork.

"Aw... Young fellow must've lost his way!" The candlelight barely whispered.

"Keep quiet! Maybe he'll probably go away, nandayo." The clockwork replied also whispering but in a lower tone.

"Hello?"

"Not a word Kise, not a word!" The clockwork hushed the candlelight before it could say anything.

"I don't mean to intrude, but I've lost my horse and I'm looking for a place to stay for the night." Kuroko sadly explained.

"Wah~ Midorima-cchin, have a heart." Kise the candlelight looked at the clockwork with puppy eyes.

(A/N: I swear Kise & Oikawa are so alike😌👌)

"Shush!" Midorima the clockwork frowned.

"Of course, monsieur, you are welcome here!" Kise finally announced with a shout making Midorima tense.

"Who said that?" Kuroko asked confused, picking up the candlelight.

"Over here." Kise tapped the teal-haired man's shoulder. He turned his head to the candlelight confusingly.

"Allo~" Kise grinned. Out of shock, he dropped the candlelight making Kise lightly wince.

"Well now you've done it Kise." Midorima finally lets out of his act and dropped himself on the floor heading towards Kise.

"I apologize.. But this is extremely unusual meeting talking objects."

"Well, it is to you in your regular day, nandayo."

Kuroko then sneezes turning Kise's attention to him once again.

"Oh you need warmth! Come warm yourself by the fire." The candlelight said warmly.

"No! You know what would happen if master comes and sees this, nanodayo." Midorima disagreed as Kuroko and Kise ignored him while heading towards a room.

"I demand that you stop!"

A footstool suddenly rushed over and props himself under Kuroko's foot bringing them up.

"Nigou! Hey there boy!" Kise greeted making the footstool bark in reply.

A while after, a moving tray with teapots atop appeared.

Parking by Kuroko's side, the teapot said, "How would you like a spot of tea young man? I'm Alex!"

"And I'm Himuro, this is Kagami." A teacup also introduced himself along with another one beside him.

"Kuroko Tetsuya." The teal-haired man bluntly replied.

"Now, what else can we offer Kurokochii?" Kise delightly asked.

"No! No more." Midorima huffed and crossed his wooden hands.

Kuroko thought deeply and remembered you.

"A rose.." Kuroko mumbled to himself. "Do you have a rose? I have to at least give something back to my younger sister."

This caught the objects attention.  "A younger.. sister?" They all asked in usion.

"Yes. I want to give her a rose as soon as I come back."

"That it is then! Come Kurokochii! We have plenty of roses at the castle's garden." Kise hopped over the door gesturing the others to follow.

"What? Wait, that's enough!" Midorima disagreed as Kuroko stood up and followed the candlelight.

➭ ➮ ➭

Kuroko, Kise, Midorima, Nigou, Alex, Himuro and Kagami have finally arrived at the garden.

Without hesitation, Kuroko picked the best rose out of the group.

There were varieties of flowers shown. However, because of the darkness and that the only light source is the moon, it looked rather gloomy together paired with the castle's sad atmosphere.

Kuroko then carelessly plucked one rose. But as soon as he did, a roaring beast appeared causing gust of winds to blow.

The man shaked by the sight and fell. Fear was written on the young man's face once expressionless face.

"What are you doing here in my castle?!" The beast roared.

"Master! Maybe we can talk it all out!" Alex tried to defend.

"The young man only wanted a place to stay for tonight. He lost his horse and so did his path! Have mercy Aominechii." Kise pleaded.

"Then why is he stealing my roses?!" He boomed. "You want a place to stay? Well, I'll give you one, in the dungeon!"

The beast grabbed Kuroko and carelessly dragged him back inside the castle again leaving the objects stunned.

"Kurokochii suu~." Kise frowned.

"He will never learn from that temper, nandayo."

"Maybe his sister will come and save him." Himuro tried to lift up the aura.

"Hopefully that's the case. Royal highness can't get his ass off of his own." Kagami frustratedly said.

"Now, don't talk like that to our Majesty. He is just having a tough time and we need to understand that. We only have a minimal time left until his birthday." Alex sadly reminded.

"Yes, we are still fully aware of that."

♛ ⋆♔⋆ ♛