✐ Chapter 11: The Little Things ✎

♛ ⋆♔⋆ ♛

"Some shall be pardoned, and some shall be punished. For never was a story more woe than this of Juliet and her Romeo." You closed the book sighing. You happily hugged it and warmly smiled.

Spring has finally come. Flowers bloomed while variety of butterflies fluttered happily once more as the season entered. Another new era of nature had start.

"That was bullshit." Aomine yawned.

"Hey!" You hit him by the book.

"What the-! It was true! That story's crappy."

"Excuse you sir but this book is one of my favorites and you can't change that." You huffed.

"Yeah the kind of book where hormonal teenagers that just met a few hours ago fell in love and in infatuation. Not to mention some other things." He rolled his eyes.

"Oh shush it."

You then brought out another book which made Aomine look over.

" 'I love you since 1892' ? Oh fuck. This is another romantic crappy shit, eiy?"

"It is actually my most favorite out of all. Since it has romance, action, time traveling, crime-thriller, gore and mystery." Your eyes sparkled looking at it.

"Sure..." He seems unconvinced.

(A/N: Spoiler alert and Fangirling warning ahead😂)

"I swear it is! You see, Carmela is from 2016 and time travelled to 1891 in order to reverse her Great Great Great Grandmother's love story: Carmelita who was her ancestor and her lover, Juanito who died on her birthday in the year 1892. And if she'll fail, she's stuck there forever! There were a lot of plot twists! And a little spoiler alert, Juanito never loved Carmelita nor his other said to be 'lover', but he loves Carmela!"

Aomine looks intrigued. "So it's basically the right person in the wrong time?"

"Mhm." You smiled.

"I... actually want you to read it for me too." You shyly added. "Kind of like what you did when I was sick. Remember?"

"Why?"

"Well, it's just that it was very sweet. But if you don't want to, it's perfectly fine!" You looked back up at him. His face looked at you as if you did something wrong.

You didn't realize it a second later but he snatched the book from you and flipped it open to the first page.

It took you a second to react. And by that time, you blushed.

"Whatever." He said. You were genuinely surprised.

He never really offered to read you a book. I mean, it was only once but he had to since you felt dizzy when you read the words and your voice wasn't stable enough before when you were sick.

He was... changing. You have also finally realized how he was at the moment was such a big difference ever since the two of you first met.

"Oi."

"Hm?"

"What the hell is wrong with your face?"