Chapter 7

Both Betty and Jughead felt guilty for lying to their families about the reason they had primarily promised each other to get married. Of course, they had rekindled their affaire now and loved each other and Beatrix more than anything in the world, but they had still lied. Now, as all their friends knew about their engagement as well, they had to actually plan something more. Veronica had already invited them over to her friend's studio—apparently someone who designed clothes for weddings and formal events. Jughead had approved of the wedding spot Betty had chosen. And the guests were starting to clear their schedules at the beginning of June.

It had been two weeks since they told Betty's family, and Nate was cursing the two for not telling him earlier because, apparently, he thought of a wedding as a place where it was prohibited to go alone and needed to find some cool gentlemen now. He was 'not going alone' as he had dramatically exclaimed to his sister.

Everything was going great with Beatrix. They were taking her on the weekly doctor appointments to check her health and any problems that might have started to grow inside her—because she was healthy at the moment but being born without one arm was alarming. Betty had tried to make her giggle, but everyone kept telling her it was still too early. Even now as Jughead entered the apartment, he grinned at the two on the floor, Betty trying to make the girl laugh out loud.

"Hey baby," he said, amused when the door behind him closed. "What are you doing?"

"She almost did it," Betty stated, making him laugh and her smile sheepishly.

"Right." He pushed his shoes off and threw his jacket over a chair, walking to them. "Hi," he whispered and gave her a kiss, taking a seat next to her. "Hey, Bea. How was your day?" He picked the baby onto his lap and kissed her head.

"She slept. And ate," Betty informed, getting another chuckle from Jughead.

"Very productive, then."

"Yep," the blonde grinned and kissed his cheek. "What about you?"

"It was okay," he said, tilting his head to make eye contact with his daughter. "Got some work done as usual and I gotta finish an article at home tomorrow."

Betty smiled at that. "Hungry?"

"Yeah," he smirked, meeting her eyes excitedly.

"It's in the oven."

He groaned with a happy face and kissed her lips. "I love you so much." Betty giggled when he carried Beatrix with him to the kitchen area, and she pulled the tests she needed to be correcting back in front of her. "Did you eat already?" Jughead asked.

"Yeah, I was hungry. Hey, can you look over Bea until you eat? I have to finish these."

Jughead looked at her with a soft smile and nodded. "Sure. Do you wanna watch a movie later?"

Nodding, she smiled. "You choose one." She scooted over to the couch and rested her back against it, lifting the last fifteen tests on her lap.

They had a routine now where one of them stayed home while the other was working and vice versa the next day. On weekends, Betty was home since there was no school for the kids, so Jughead worked during Saturdays as well to earn some more money for the three of them.

The guy pulled off his beanie and threw it to the other end of the couch while he sat on it, holding Bea next to him while eating. He looked at Betty who was smirking at some answer on one of the works, scribbling something as a reply to the kid who had written that.

He admired her work and the way she was so passionate about it. She loved kids and English, so he was sure the Latino kids at her school loved her and probably took her as their favorite teacher. He just knew that if he had had a young beautiful and fun teacher like her as a kid, he would have been in love with her—quite literally.