☮ the drama police ☮

Awoken by the sun, I decided that some research would do me some good. Maybe I'd finally get some information on this town.

I grabbed my bag, and ran over to to Town Hall.

As I entered, I saw a dozed Isabelle.

"Isabelle..?"

"H-Huh? Oh! Angelic! I-I was just dozing off for a second! What did you go through the trouble to come here for?"

"I actually came here to do some research on the town." I replied cheerfully, as my stomach grumbled loud.

"Oh my! What was that noise?" 

"My stomach.." I whispered.

"Goodness, have you eaten, Angelic?" She worryingly asked.

"N-Not since I got here."

She passed me a orange, and I greedily chowed it down.

"Anyway, what did you want to know? I'm practically the town librarian!" She said proudly.

"Where's the mayor, and who was the mayor of this town?"

Isabelle gave a worried look. "T-The mayor? That's extremely confidential, I'm afraid that I can't-"

"Please, Isabelle, at least their name?"

"Her name was Mayor Tr..." She looked outside of her window. "Mayor Flint! Good ol' Mayor Flint." She nervously smiled.

"Ok..? So, where did she go exactly?"

"Miss Mayor Flint, oh she left for what seemed like ages! After what seemed like forever, she sent us a letter that she had an illness. But she said that she'd quickly recover! She also said that if she didn't respond, that I would be the mayor. But I was already the secretary, and I can't have two jobs!" She chuckled nervously.

"Anything else, mayor?"

As soon as those words left her mouth, she quickly covered it and cowered lower into her seat.

"Isabelle..?"

She motioned for me to leave, and I did so.

Might as well skip work while I'm at it.

I kept walking until I reached a small police station. But upon my arrival, there weren't the normal policemen that you'd see. Instead, there were two policewomen, both putting lip-gloss on through the window. I placed my ear against the wall to listen to their conversation.

"Like, OMT Caitlin. People keep coming to us like we're the police and have jobs and stuff. Oh wait, we ARE the police." She giggled.

"Not just regular police, the drama police, Brooklyn! Don't forget it."

I remove my ear, and nervously knock on the door. Several times.

Finally, it opens. "What do you want."

"I-I'd like to report a few crimes-"

Brooklyn slams the door in my face.

I sigh. I guess I have to go to Town Hall now.

As I run off to Town Hall, I can already hear Isabelle's snores. She's asleep again?

The moment I open the door, I run towards Isabelle and flick her forehead as she jolts awake.

"GAH!" She screeched. "Oh. It's you. Why did you come here? Again.." She said disgusted.

A hard pain jabbed my stomach. I wasn't being rude to any of them! Why did they have to be so negative to me?