𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐨 𝐬𝐚𝐤𝐚𝐠𝐮𝐜𝐡𝐢 ✧ 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐭

March 8th 2020 / if no one writes for ango i guess i'll have to do it myself / 500 words

✧ 。゚✐.*゚☆: *.☽ .* ✎。:*゚

Ango's gaze was fixed on the computer screen, watching as the cursor typed out the characters in his response to the steady habit of his typing. The click of the keys echoing softly throughout the empty office, almost everyone had left for the evening, leaving the bureaucrat alone. Almost, the thud of the door swinging shut and the sound of approaching footsteps alerting him to the presence of one other person. Glancing up from his work, green eyes met gold, each through the gaze of the respective person's glasses.

"You know Ango, if you keep this up, you'll work yourself to death." You sighed, crossing your arms indignantly, as you frowned at your friend and co-worker.

Ango sighed, adjusting his glasses, "if you have nothing else to say-"

Before he could, you let out a huff, flipping his laptop shut. As the male spluttered out a cry of indignation at your blunt action, to which you responded by rolling your eyes, cutting him off, "You've been here for three days straight, I'm taking you home, I'll help you finish in the morning."

"I'm not a child [Name]." Ango muttered, "and besides, I need to finish this by tonight."

"You're working on spreading a rumour about Shibusawa right? Too late I already did." The female responded, a smug grin flashing across her lips.

"What?" He cried, standing up as he turned to her, shock written across his face.

"I used to be an information broker, by all technicalities I still am," You continued, adjusting the glasses perched on the bridge of your nose as Ango's stance relaxed, " the only difference is now I work for the government. Anyway, I know some people who owe me favours; favours that I'm now asking of you to please get some sleep. This isn't healthy."

"I told you I'm not a child." The bureaucrat said briskly, turning away from you, only for him to stiffen as he felt her take his left hand in both of yours.

"I know that. I'm not trying to say you are, but believe me, I know this isn't healthy, you are literally working yourself to death and I do not want you dead." you sighed, tugging at his arm in an attempt to get him to face you.

Ango looked at you, admittedly surprised to see genuine concern plastered across her features, the bags under your eyes were almost invisible now, you must have been getting more sleep, and you had gotten a haircut not to mention your glasses were new as well. When did you get new ones? He frowned at that, he couldn't remember.

"Fine, but you owe me coffee tomorrow morning," he finally said, allowing you to drag him from the office, to which he simply got a short burst of laughter. You might be the death of him, but the blossoming feeling of warmth in his chest wasn't so bad either.