𝐜𝐡𝐮𝐲𝐚 𝐧𝐚𝐤𝐚𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐚 ✧ 𝐜𝐨𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐞

March 13th 2020 / Requested by izunapple / 600 Words

✧ 。゚✐.*゚☆: *.☽ .* ✎。:*゚

The cafe smelled of coffee and sugar, he had taken the point of requesting the quaint place so often that he had turned into a regular. It was relaxing, Chūya had to admit that. The teenager was perhaps a little too accustomed to that of blood and scorching flesh, either way, the cafe was blissful relief from his daily life. It was quiet, bathed in sunlight, and in a neutral zone. There was no chance of running into the idiotic mackerels either, blissful peace. No bullets, no battles, no dragging that suicidal idiots out of rivers.

And then there was you.

He would be lying if he didn't also enjoy this place because of you. The pretty waitress with kind eyes. You was a little taller than him, but admittedly he stopped caring about that, they had spoken a few times, briefly, but what it was he felt towards her he couldn't describe. It wasn't love at first sight, no that was bullshit and he was aware of it, the only thing he could call it was an urge to be friend your, to be able to get to know you, to be able to get to a point in which he could ask you out without it being weird.

Right, that definitely made sense.

"Here's your coffee." A gentle voice cut across his thoughts, looking up he met your eyes. Your earrings, which resembled hanafuda swung neatly as you strighted up, "I hope you like it, this isn't your usual so..." You trailed off, scratching your cheek nervously.

"Wait, you remembered that?" Chūya found himself saying, before eternally punching himself, no, that was too aggressive you idiot!

"Well, I'd be a pretty bad waitress if I couldn't remember our regular's usuals. This kind of coffee is good though."

"Do you like it then?" He found himself asking, ignoring his internal screaming.

"Oh!" You laughed nervously, "It's my favourite," you muttered shyly, rubbing the back of your neck almost sheepishly, how cute.

Wait, wiat no! He meant yes, you were cute! But he didn't know you! It was weird to think of that to a stranger right? But you weren't entirely a stranger and now he was over thinking because you are cute.

It took everything Chūya had to not break out into a furious blush at that thought. Taking a sip of the coffee as to avoid eye contact, he found his eyes widening. The drink was like an espresso but sweeter with more cream and the warmth of the drink flooding him pleasantly as he felt himself become just a little more awake.

"It's really good..." he found himself muttering.

"I'm glad you think so." You smile kindly, a soft blush adoring your cheeks. "My break's in a few minutes actually, if you're still around then, maybe we could talk some more?" Your eyes sparkled with a kind curiosity he could seem to turn away.

"Yeah," Chūya breathed, "that sounds nice."

"Great I'll see you then," you laughed, turning away as you quickly hurried back to the front counter. You were so, how could he put it, bright, it felt as though someone had stolen the sun from the sky had placed it where your heart was, a warm kindness that didn't deserve to be passed down to a murder such as he. And yet it was an it was such a poetic irony he couldn't refuse.

Now all Chūya had to do was find out your name.