Chapter 3

Casey's POV

Me and Joey were walking down the hallway together when all of a sudden he asks me to go to the dance with him.

"You're so funny Joey."

"Ya I was just joking around."

"So where are we gonna go trick or treating?" I asked changing the subject.

"Ya I was thinking we could go over by the country club or those places they usually have the most candy, but we have to get there early or else the good candy will be gone."

"Sure sounds good."

"Ok so thats settled, oh hey I have to go see ya."

"Kay see you in lunch."

Oh wow I can't believe Joey asked me to the dance, but he said he was joking right. I don't know why but I think he wasn't joking, oh well he was I'm just very lost today. First I almost help Emily and now I think Joey really asked me to the dance , I must be really losing it.

Joey's POV

I knew she would say no I'm so stupid I knew I shouldn't have asked her. I made a total fool of myself. The good thing is she believed I was joking. I'm never doing that again. I was really looking forward to going with her but I knew what would happen, oh well we're still going

trick or treating together that counts as something. I walked into history and saw Emily staring at me like I was gonna attack her or something. Sheesh wonder what's wrong with her today. She kept staring at me until I had to turn around and I think she was still staring then too. I tried reading my history book to get my mind off of the things that happened, but that didn't work. Then I tried paying attention to class, that didn't work either. So finally I gave up on distracting myself and just faced the facts. She didn't like me like I liked her she just thought of me as a friend. I was hoping we would be more than that, but that's how the world works so I guess I have to let the world go on and I have to move on like nothing happened.

Emily's POV

I saw him walk into class. I had overheard his conversation with Casey earlier but I had to move before I could hear what she had said. I was trying to see the emotion in his face but I couldn't figure it out. It was a mixture of anger, sadness and pain. Those emotions only meant one thing she said no. I knew how he must of felt, I had been rejected many of times. Not only by guys but also by girls. I was always rejected in friendship and in trying to fit in. I guess I must have kept staring at him afterwords because he started looking at me funny. I don't know why I didn't look away if I already had my answer to why I was staring at him in the first place but I guess I couldn't take my eyes off of him.

Casey's POV

I walked into math still thinking about Joey's question. I don't know but something about the way he reacted to my answer didn't make sense. He looked sad. Why would he look sad, I mean we were just friends. Something about his reaction told me he wasn't joking. Still out of all girls why would he ask ME? He wouldn't have had trouble finding a girl who would have said yes, I mean he was handsome, smart, sweet, funny, wait why was I thinking about Joey like that. We're just friends, just because we're friends doesn't mean I like him like that. Anyways why would he ask me. I mean I'm..... I couldn't finish my thought because someone was tapping my shoulder. I turned around to see who it was. It was the girl who sat next to me. That's when I realized class was finished. Wow, I thought to my self I daydreamed through all of class without getting caught new record. When I walked out of class Joey was waiting there for me.

"May I walk you to class?" he asked. Well that caught me of guard. Usually he just did it without asking.

"Sure?"

Joey's POV

After class I rushed out for two reasons one I wanted to get out of Emily's stare, and second I wanted to go walk Casey to class. I figured if I wasn't going to the dance with her I might as well spen more time with her. When I got there she was just coming out of class. I walked over to her and asked her if I could walk her to class. Apparently this caught her of guard because she looked confused.

"Sure?" She said more of a question than an answer. Still I took it as a yes. I walked next to her carrying her books until we reached her next class. When she got there she took her books out of my hands and started to walk in class.

"Casey wait!"

"What?"

"I um wanted to tell you that um uh you look pretty today."

"Thank you?"

I started leaning in. What the heck was I doing was I just about to KISS her?!?! I quickly pushed back before my temptation to kiss her won over.

*********Author's Note*********

Hope you've liked it so far. Please vote and comment. If you ask I will dedicate a chapter to anyone who likes. Again vote and comment please and keep reading.

See yous later----VICKY :)