Chapter 5

Emily's POV

I got to class still thinking about Joey. Seriously what was with me these days. First I think Casey was gonna help me then thinking Joey liked Casey and to top it of I was thinking of Joey in a lovey sort of way. The idea made me shudder. It would be nice to be friends with Joey but no more than friends. At least that's what I told myself I wanted. Oh well I do wish I could have some sort of friend though. Someone my age not just adults that like me because I'm smart. I want someone who can understand me and be there when I need them. I know it's a lot to ask, but at least someone who can be a friend. I still wanted to keep thinking about my things but then Mr.Still came in. He was my reading teacher and his class was pretty fun. Better than most reading classes I've had. He was pretty young probably around his mid twenties. He had black hair and he was medium height. he was the best teacher ever. He was fun, nice, smart and funny. He wasn't like other teachers who always picked on me and talked about me like I was some trophy they had won. He knew I didnt like that and he respected it. Whenever I got ahead of classes didn't brag to the class about how they should be more like me. Instead he gave me fin. Projects to work on while everyone else finished. He was someone I could talk to about school and teachers just like Ms. Engelking was someone I could talk to about friends and people. Today we were going to start reading Hunger Games. One of my favorite books. As soon as we started reading I was sucked in. Even though I had read it like a million times it still got my attention every time.

Casey's POV

During class I had been thinking how I didn't have any girl friends. It was just me and Joey. I started to wonder what it was like to have friends who where girls. Friends who understood my girly moments and who knew what it as like to be the weird one. I realized then that I needed someone who could understand me. Sure Joey understood me, but only for some things. He didn't get what it was to be the odd one out. He always fit in other his good looks and fun personality. He didn't get weird looks from people just because you acted differently. He was a good friend and all but......... Then I started thinking who would be a good person to hang out with. I came up with NO ONE!!!! I couldn't believe that I didn't like anyone well enough to be friends with them. Most people where scared of me and the ones who weren't were, well not my type. Guess it'll have to be just me and Joey, like always.

Joey's POV

Finally I hear the bell for lunch. It's about time. I head to the cafeteria with only two things on my mind. Food and Casey. She had been on my mind all day. I just couldn't stop thinking about her. She just had a way of making me lose my head. Everyime I saw her I felt like I was in heaven and she was my angel. I felt like I was gonna melt by just seeing her beautiful face. When she walks into room it feels like it's only me and her there. Like if everyonne else had disappeared and we were the last people left on earth. I was too busy thinking about Casey I never saw where I was going and I crashed right into Lilliana. Lilliana was my ex-girlfriend. She is the most annoying person in the world. She was always complaining about everything. That's why I dumped her in the first place because she started assuming I was cheating on her with Casey and she started accusing me and making up things that weren't even true. Then when she said I had to stop being friends with Casey that was when it went to far. I exploded and dumped her not even caring if she was sad or angry or whatever. Why oh why did I have to crash into her of all people why her? I noticed I had dumped her food all over her designer clothes and to be honset I felt kind of proud. When she saw me her face was as red as a face could get. If looks could kill I would have been dead in an instant. Actually I think she was about to kill me in real life. Suddenly she screamed so loud I thought my ears were gonna pop off. She looked at me, her eyes full of rage and that's when all hell broke lose. 

"You stupid idiot watch where wore going! You could have killed me!". She was seriously exaggerating. 

"Now My clothes are all ruined!". "Do you know how much these cost, huh!". By this time she was jabbing a long slender, perfectly manicured finger in my face. "I bet you don't,  so for your information these were $500 bucks!!!!"  Only she would spend so much on clothes. Then she grabbed some mashed potatoes of her tray and smeared them all over my face.  

"What the heck!!!!!" yelled at her my anger matching hers. 

"That should teach you a lesson." she said with a smirk on her face. That's when all of a sudden I saw a fist fly through the air and land right on Lilliana's nose with a painful crack. I turned around to see who punched her and saw none other than Casey.

***********Author's Note******** 

Oh cliffhanger. Hoped you liked this chapter vote and comment you know the drill. I wanted to thank @paislydot13 for the awesome cover she made and all of you reading this story. Keep reading! :D 

Until next time-------VICKY :)