The roast

Your pov

Im at bat and I told Denunez to throw me the heater. I get in stance and prepare to hit the ball. It is already probably 5:30 so we should be packing up soon. Kenny throws the heater and as always I hit a homer. Benny is trying to get the ball but he doesn't catch it in time. The ball falls on the ground and im already at second base. Benny sees this and hurries and throws it to 3RD. But then Yeah-Yeah throws it back to 2nd so you run back to 3RD. Then finally Ham yells "Pickle!!" And all the boys go over to where you are. They keep throwing it back and forth and you have to duck so that the ball doesn't hit you. You ran back and forth so fast that dust started to form around you guys. But then finally Yeah-Yeah threw the ball to Bertram and you made a run for it. Right when Yeah-Yeah caught the ball. You slid on to base just in time. Yeah-Yeah was a second late and he ended up getting the ball to touch your ankle but just not on time. All the boys cheer for you and you are so out of breath that you had to lay on your back for awhile while all the boys fan you off and complement you.

Finally you get up and the boys help dust you off. You all go to the dug out and this is where things started to get a little funny.

Ham: "Hey you guys I have a question."

Everybody: "What?"

Ham: "This question goes to Y/n."

You: "Ok Ham spill."

Ham: "Do you think that im better looking then everyone here... I mean c'mon I got the freckles they can't do it like me."

Everyone looks at each other and you all start to die laughing. You and Kenny start rolling on the floor from laughing so hard. You and Kenny are now wheezing.  Kenny and you always had that type of connection. I don't know if it's because you guys are the same race and that you share a lot in common. Or he might just be a distant cousin that you didn't know about. You both have tears coming out of your eyes. Kenny started to cough because he was laughing to hard. Then you both get up and start dapping  each other up while laughing still.

You: "Um why did you ask me?"(You say while chuckling still)

Ham: "Because you're the only girl.... Unless you want me to ask Benny."

Everyone starts to laugh again

Benny: "Aw shut up Ham you just mad cause im better looking then you."
(Benny laughs)

We all laugh again

Ham: "yeah right like I said I got freckles. I can get more girls then you and plus my eyes are prettier."

Benny: "AnD PlUS mY EyES aRe PrETTieR." (He says mocking Ham.) "Oh please Ham you can't compete with me."

You look over at Benny and you are surprised that he was already looking at you. You hurry and turn your head so that he can't see your blush.

Ham: "Benny man if we both so happen to ask y/n then who do you think she would say is better looking?"

Benny: "She is gonna say me."

Ham: "Oh is that so?"

Benny: "Yeah it is so.. Ain't I right y/n?"

You: "Umm I gotta blast. Yeah-Yeah race you to the house."

(You run faster than the speed of light out of there.)

Yeah-Yeah: "Hey wait up!!"

(He runs after you. As soon as you two were out of sight the boys start to chat.)

Bertram: "Damn I thought that was gonna work."

Squints: "Yeah me too."

Benny: "But it didn't.... What went wrong in the plan... We did everything right?"