Chapter 11🖤

June 12, 1994
DeVanté Swing

My baby girl really doesn't deserve to be going through this much hurt

My baby girl really doesn't deserve to be going through this much hurt. I want nothing more than for Desire to just be happy. It breaks my heart hearing and seeing her cry. Loving such a beautiful woman like her for the rest of my life is all I want other than good health and a successful life. I really want to be the person who's going to fix everything and get her to become human again but how the fuck do you make a person with zero feelings fall in love with you?

"I'm surprised you ain't tried to attack my neck yet." I joked as I unlocked the front door to my house.

Desire giggled and stepped inside, "yea that is kinda strange. I can barely smell you. Guess you're not horny... for once." She mumbled her last few words but I heard her loud and clear.

I snickered and locked the door, "when I'm around you, I'm always hor- never mind." I quickly stopped myself from saying the most stupidest shit ever.

Desire shook her head with a little smirk on her face and made her way to my music room. I put my keys down on my kitchen counter and also made my way into the room. She held one of my Diana Ross records in her hands as she scanned it with a wide grin across her face.

"What's yo favourite song by her?" I asked as I took a seat on my piano chair.

"Upside Down. The boys and I always dance around the house to that song every Saturday morning while we're cleaning." She chuckled and placed the record back on the shelf.

She turned around and sat down beside me, facing the piano keys. I swiftly spun my body around to face them as well.

"What else do you do? I mean, what else do you do for work other than music?" Desire asked as she pressed down on a few keys.

I gave her a side grin and licked my lips, "music is my job, baby girl. Nobody knows this except Dalvin but I'm a ghostwriter for some big time artists." I confessed.

Desire's eyes widened, "you serious?" She questioned and I tucked my lips in my mouth and nodded.

"Pays well too, that's how I'm able to afford this big ass crib. I actually wanna start my own record label one day. Get Mary, my brother, Static and few other people on that shit. But that's just a dream for now." I chuckled and shrugged.

Desire nodded with an impressed look, "that sounds like a good idea, I can definitely see you doing something that. Maybe I can be your assistant." She playfully nudged me and laughed.

"Aye, maybe you can." I said with all seriousness in my voice. I bit down on my lip and held on to her hand.

This was the first time I've seen Desire blush. It was a bit strange but cute. I love seeing her like this, makes me feel like I'm doing something right with her.