Chapter 18🌘

The Charmed Forest
DeVanté Swing

This is fucked up. I had no clue who the people were that Adonis set us out to look for but the shit is clear as fucking day now. I felt bad for screaming at Desire like that. The last thing I want is for her to fear me. But she, as well as the others, need to understand that as long as they're here, their lives are in serious danger. They're lucky Chance is away tending to Adonis' duties elsewhere because god knows if he caught Desire here, it would've been over.

"Yo, Vanté! Come get on this dance floor man. All these women here been waitin' for you!" I heard Snoop yell at me from the crowd.

I turned my head and noticed him dancing next to Drew, another one of Adonis' associates.

I chuckled and waved them off, "maybe later

I chuckled and waved them off, "maybe later." I lied through my teeth. Dancing isn't my thing at all.

Drew kissed his teeth, "nigga always walkin' round lookin' like he ready to blow up the mothafuckin' world." He mumbled and brought his attention to a young woman shaking her ass on him.

Do I always look that angry?

I made my way over to sit at a nearby bench and brought out a blunt from the pocket of my fur coat. The feeling of someone's hand gently rubbing the back of my head stopped me from lighting it. "Who was that woman?" Nyx's voice softly asked in my ear as she bent down from behind me.

"Ion know what you talkin' bout." I responded nonchalantly and brought the blunt up to my mouth to spark it.

She walked around the bench and took a seat next to me, "The woman in the white dress you were speaking to, who was that?" She asked again.

Nyx and I know where we stand with each other. I know she's not asking me because she's jealous, the girl's heart is as cold as winter in Canada. But I know her suspicions about Desire right now were most likely due to the fact that she's an unfamiliar face.

I shrugged and blew the ash off the end of the blunt, "just a girl I met through Amaru a while back." I lied and kept my answer as simple as possible, hoping Nyx would stop questioning me.

"Hm. Well she's pretty. Maybe you can invite her over one day for some... fun." Nyx said lowly, looking at me with a seductive grin.

Freaky. As. Fuck.

I licked my bottom lip and bit down on it as I started to think about the threesome I would have with both Nyx and Desire. The thought of it brought a huge smile on my face but quickly snapped out of my daydream, remembering that Desire's life is at risk right now.

I cleared my throat and used my jacket to cover the erection that grew from my dirty thoughts, "uh-nah. No. I mean, that would be nice but nah. She ain't that type." I said quickly and took another pull from my blunt.