Chapter 22🌑

OMNISCIENT

Chance entered the lab inside King Adonis' palace. He walked up to a bowl he had filled up with multiple potions 10 minutes prior. As he stood in front of it, he waited for the potions to settle in before circling his right hand over it a few times.

He looked into his reflection of the liquid and suddenly, DeVanté's friends appeared in the liquid. Chance watched the group like a television show as they stressed in Giselle's basement while coming to a decision on if they wanted to leave Kazam or not. He grinned at his plan coming to fruition.

"Peasants." He snickered and continued to watch them.

Chance was aware of who the 'new people' were in town. Of course, he never underestimated Abigail's ability to put up a fight. He knew they would follow him here.

He informed King Adonis of who they were and at first, Adonis did want them dead. Hence, why he ordered his associates to look for them. But after him and Chance came up with the idea to let the group of friends figure out what's going on with DeVanté for themselves, they decided to let things play out on their own. Besides, it was more fun for Chance and Adonis to watch the kids go through hell and back trying to get to DeVanté.

Adonis knew that DeVanté would never leave. The spell was too strong for DeVanté to come to his senses. Plus he knew that if he tried to leave, Adonis would kill him. Anyone who works for Adonis, works for him for life.

"The boy is here." Nyx entered the room with a young man behind her. He nervously looked around and knew immediately he had put himself into a very dangerous situation.

Chance smiled and happily walked to the boy. "Did you do it?" He asked the male.

"N-no. Not yet. I just gave her my number so far." The young man responded.

Nyx exhaled deeply in frustration, "what did I pay you for?!" She yelled at him.

"Look, my bad aight? I haven't seen her since the party. I swear I'll do what I can." He pleaded.

"NO! You will do as I say." Chance stepped in the boy's face. "We made this deal and gave you the money so you and yo broke ass family can finally have some food on y'alls table! Nigga, if you don't make that girl fall in love with yo dumbass, it won't be pretty." Chance warned the young man.

"You have a week to make something happen, Sincere. Understood?" Nyx ordered. He nodded and was dismissed by the duo.

Sincere didn't want to do this, nor did he want to hurt Desire in any way possible. But he only agreed to it in order to help his family out.

Nyx approached him at the party after she had noticed him dancing with Desire. When she seen Desire speaking to DeVanté in the bushes, she grew suspicious and asked Sincere for her name. After she got Desire's name, she ran it past Adonis but he had no clue who she was. Nyx then brought Desire's name up to Chance after he returned back home from his duties and that was when everything started.

Nyx found Sincere and paid him a very large amount of money to keep Desire away from DeVanté and her mind off of him. If Desire chooses to stay in Kazam, Sincere will be right there to distract her from her hazel-eyed lover. Whether Sincere actually falls in love with Desire was none of their concern. They could honestly give a fuck. The 3 devils just wanted Desire and DeVanté to be a part... or at least stay out of love with each other.

🌑

-