Chapter 24🌘

OMNISCIENT

DeVanté sat there in the darkness, where he's been ever since he entered Ala Kazam and Chance took complete control over him. He's been trying to get his physical form to stop entertaining Chance, King Adonis, and especially that witch vampire Nyx. Unfortunately, he's been unsuccessful.

He gave up trying and came to the conclusion that he was never getting out of here. All he wanted was to be back home with his brother, friends, and the love of his life. He was experiencing a great sadness that he's never felt in his entire 24 years of living. He was scared, alone, and slowly going crazy.

"DeVanté!" He heard a familiar voice yell his name. It caught him off guard but he brushed it off, thinking that it was just all in his head.

"DeVanté!" He heard it again but still kept the same bland look on his face as he stared into nothing.

Suddenly, a bright light appeared from the corner of his eye but he dared not to look. He lost all hope of ever leaving this place and realized that if anything strange happens in here, it was just because he was going crazy or hallucinating.

He could see a figure from the corner of his eye approaching him but still, he didn't look to see who or what it was.

"De?" The figure stopped and stood beside him. He remained silent.

"De, it's me." The soft sweet familiar voice caused him to finally turn his head towards the figure. His eyes lit up once he realized who it was. "D-Des?" He blinked a few times before standing up.

Desire smiled at him and DeVanté immediately wrapped his arms around her. "Baby." He whimpered in the crook of her neck. Tears fell from Desire's eyes as she hugged DeVanté, tightly, never wanting to let him go.

"Please don't tell me I'm hallucinating." DeVanté mumbled, still holding on to the woman he's been dying to see.

"You're not." Desire replied as they broke their hug. DeVanté cupped Desire's face and smashed his lips into hers. They shared a deep, passionate and long overdue kiss.

DeVanté pulled away took look at her, "I missed you so much." He pecked her lips a few more times before trailing his lips down to her neck. Desire softly chuckled, "I missed you more, De."

He brought his head up from her neck to gaze into her eyes. "How did you get in here?" He asked Desire.

"A friend of mine helped. But listen De, I can't stay long." She said to him and he shook his head frantically. "Wh-why? Please don't go, Des." He begged her as his eyes swelled up with tears.

"Believe me, I would want nothing more than to stay with you. But Chance has me locked up in a cell right now. De, you have to help me. You have to get out of here." Desire pleaded as their eyes stayed connected.

"I don't know how, baby. I've been tryin' so fuckin' hard but my physical form ain't tryna hear it." Tears started rolling down DeVanté's cheeks.

Desire brought her hands up to his face and wiped them away with her thumbs. "You're under a spell. The only way you for all of this to end for good is if the both of us come together and kill Chance. But in order for that to happen, your heart has to be one with your mind again." She explained to him.