Chapter 6: The Spider vs the Bird and the Frog

All Might: Your indoor combat training is over.

He announced over the speakers.

Ochaco slid down the weapon in exhaustion before Tenya checked if she was okay.

Everyone in the monitoring room stared in shock.

Denki: What a weird way for this to end. The losers are practically untouched and the winners are both on the ground.

He commented.

Fumikage: How does the old saying go? They may've lost the battle, but they won the war.

He said as he closed his eyes.

Tsuyu: This class is intense.

She added.

(Time skip)

Izuku was taken to the nurse with the help of two robots who carried her there while the other three went to the monitoring room.

All Might: Well, despite the results. The MVP of this match is Young Iida!

He announced, making a few students gasp in surprise.

Tenya: Huh!?

He questioned in surprise.

Tsuyu: Shouldn't it be one of the heroes instead, since they're the winners?

She asked All Might.

All Might: Mm! Valid question. Why didn't I choose one of those two? Who has a guess?

He asked the class.

Momo: Sir! I can tell you why!

She said as she raised her hand.

Momo: Iida embraced this challenge. He was the only one who truly adapted to his assigned role. I'll explain. Bakugou's judgment was clouded by a personal grudge against Midoriya. As you pointed out earlier, launching a large-scale attack indoors was a foolish move. It could have been disastrous. Similarly, Midoriya's plan was also poorly thought out, considering the amount of damage that she received. She rendered herself helpless. Not smart. As for Uraraka, she let her guard down mid-battle and her final attack was far too reckless given the hypothetical stakes. If she'd treated the weapon as though it were real, she never would've risked using such an imprecise move. Iida was fully prepared for his opponent's arrival. He had a strategy and never lost sight of his mission to protect the dummy weapon. Even if he was foiled in the end.

She explained.

Iida couldn't help but smile at the praise.

Momo: Technically, the Hero team won, yes, but they took advantage of the fact that this was training. They didn't respect the spirit of the trial.

She finished.

Everyone just stared at her in surprise.

Y/N: *Thoughts* Sheesh. I mean, she's not wrong, but that was a bit too much.

He thought to himself.

All Might: Yes... well, you overlooked a few things. Young Iida could've relaxed a little bit in the exercise, but... otherwise, you nailed it!

He said before giving her a thumbs up.

Momo: One should always start with the basics and devote themselves wholeheartedly to learning. That's the only real way to become a top hero.

She explained.

All Might: Now then. Time to blow this joint. Let's move on to the next match! Think about everything we saw and discussed as you tackle this training for yourself.