Chapter 9: Evolve or Die

The four of them landed in the water and began walking towards the central plaza.

Toru: The water's so cold!

Far behind them were the villains, who were in the water and stuck together thanks to Y/N's webs while the ship was now almost fully submerged under water.

Y/N: My webs can hold tons, so don't worry about them getting free.

Izuku began muttering to herself as she held her hand in pain.

Izuku: *Mutter* Can't believe we managed to get all of them at once. It took everything I had to keep my composure. It was such a gamble, what if they had reserves underwater that we didn't know about? They could've...

As she continued muttering to herself, Tsuyu spoke.

Tsuyu: You're creeping me out. Stop it. Please.

Izuku stopped and looked at her while Tsuyu stopped and did the same.

Tsuyu: Instead of second guessing what we did, shouldn't we think about our next move?

Izuku: Yeah. You're totally right.

She then suddenly yelped in pain before removing her right hand from her left, revealing her broken thumb and middle finger.

Tsuyu: Are you okay?

Izuku: Yeah. Fine. Don't worry about me.

Y/N: Here. Let me help.

Y/N walked up to her and aimed both of his hands at her left hand before silk began coming out of his fingers and gently wrapped around her thumb and middle finger until they were both completely covered.

Y/N then pulled away his hands while Izuku stared at her hand, specifically the silk, in amazement.

Izuku: Wow. That feels a lot better. Thanks, Y/-

She cut herself off as she, Tsuyu and Toru noticed Y/N began breathing heavily in exhaustion.

Toru walked up to him and placed her hand on his shoulder.

Toru: You're pushing yourself too much, you need help before you get even more injured.

Y/N: *Thoughts* That last attack took a lot out of me. *Out loud* I'm fine. We should make getting help our top priority. If we follow the shore to the exit, then we can avoid the central plaza entirely.

Tsuyu: Good Idea. That way we don't run into the villains Mr. Aizawa's facing off with there.

They looked at the central plaza to see explosions go off and hear multiple people yelling in the distance.

Y/N gained a worried expression.

Y/N: *Thoughts* Yeah, but, can he handle them on his own? How long can he hold out against a big group like that? *Out loud* If he doesn't get some backup, then he's just going to overexert himself. He'll end up defeated by those villains 'cause he was trying to keep us safe.

The others looked at him.

Toru: Wait. Don't tell me you're suggesting...

Y/N: I'm not saying that we should jump into the middle of a battle. But... maybe we can find a way to take a few of those guys out and lighten his load.

They all looked at each other for a moment before nodding in agreement.

(Time Skip)

Still in the water, they had all made there way to the central plaza, where Shota was fighting the villains.