Chaper 1

The Aether foundation was having a huge party to celebrate another great 5 years under Gladion and Lillie's watch. Many people were coming, including the champion, elite four, island Kahunas, their loyal employees, business partners and many of their friends.

People would be arriving soon and the Aether siblings were almost ready. Well, Lillie was ready, but Gladion was having trouble with all these fancy clothes that he wasn't used to. So, she waited in his room with him so they could go down together when they were ready.

"Can you believe all this time has passed?" Lillie asked her brother.

She smoothed out the skirt of her navy blue dress as she waited for him to respond.

It really was a lovely gown. Small white designs sprinkled the dress, making them pop against the dark fabric. Pretty lace poked out from the elbow length sleeves and under the skirt that was longer in the back. Her shoes were also navy with little pearls along the toe. Her hair was left down but had two braids connected in the back.

"I know. It's hard to believe it's been over 5 years since we have started running this place together." Gladion agreed, having difficulty with his tie. "A lot has changed."

"Yeah. To bad not everything has changed." Lillie commented mostly to herself. She turned more toward Gladion as he grunted in frustration at the tie. "Do you need help with your tie?"

"Please." Gladion sighed in defeat.

Lillie giggled and stepped in front of her brother. He was wearing a nice black suit with a red undershirt and a black bow tie. Unfortunately, he had never been good with ties. Thankfully, Lillie was more experienced. She easily began to twist and fold the fabric around his neck.

"Do you have anything special planned for tonight?" Lillie asked.

"What do you mean?" Gladion raised an eyebrow.

"Oh, you know. Like, maybe telling a certain champion how you feel?" Lillie smiled.

Gladion's face quickly turned red as he began to laugh nervously.

"How did you know about that?" Gladion asked.

Lillie paused in her work on the tie and met her brother's gaze. "Gladion, I'm your sister. I know these things." She went back to the tie. "Just because you have been in denial about your feelings doesn't mean I haven't noticed. And I think, tonight might be a good time to tell her." Lillie finished with the tie. "Don't you think?"

"I don't know." Gladion sighed.

"Well, I certainly am going to take my chance." Lillie remarked. "Now let's head down. The guests should he here by now."

Gladion nodded and followed his sister out. All the while, he thought about if tonight would really be the night he confessed to the girl who stolen his heart.

Just as they were about to enter the party room, some of the security stopped them.

"Master Lillie, master Gladion, we have some unfortunate news."

The siblings stopped and turned to their head of security.

"What is it?" Gladion asked.

"The league has informed us that there have been threats made to take or hurt the Champion. These threats usually mean nothing, but this time they are threatening to take both the champion and her elite four brother."

Lillie and Gladion exchanged a worried look before returning to the security team.

"Thank you for informing us." Lillie replied.