Chapter 4

The sun rose over the region of Alola for a pleasant and calm morning. Which was a nice relief from last night.

Before Kiawe and Mallow left, he had asked her to meet up that morning.

Mallow had agreed to meet him to talk. After a goodnights sleep and some time to think, on Kiawe's end, they met up at the forest's edge.

Kiawe sat on a fallen log as he waited for her to join him. Many thoughts ran through his mind as he sat there and not all of them were good. One thing was very clear to him though. He knew he had to tell her how he feels.

"Hi Kiawe!" Mallow chirped as she approached him.

She was back to her usual outfit, ponytails, and happy smile.

"Hey." Kiawe replied without looking at her.

"Is something wrong?" Mallow asked.

"No...I just...we really need to talk." Kiawe sighed. "You should sit."

Mallow nodded and sat down next to him. She waited a few minutes of silence before speaking herself.

"I know yesterday was really crazy and everything...but I'm fine now." Mallow began.

"But you might not have been." Kiawe turned to face her. "Mallow, when I found out that you were missing...I...I lost it. I was so worried about what they were doing to you. I can't even think of what my life would be like if something happened to you."

"Oh Kiawe." Mallow hugged him. "I'm right here and I promise it will stay that way."

Kiawe hugged her tight. He knew he had to tell her and if he didn't do it now, he would regret it forever.

"Mallow...I...I am in love with you." Kiawe confessed.

He felt her stiffen in his arms and slowly pulled away. Her eyes were wide in shock as she stared at him.

"What?" Mallow questioned. "Did...did you..."

"Yes. I love you Mallow." Kiawe looked away. "I never said anything because I was afraid to ruin our friendship and...you're this wonderful girl and getting to be your friend is...amazing. Because it means I get to be around you. But I understand if you don't feel the same."

Mallow smiled warmly and took his hand. His gaze shot to her and he felt his cheeks warm as he looked at her beautiful smile.

"Hey, you have nothing to worry about, Kiawe. I love you too." Mallow admitted. "I was just...so afraid of losing you. You mean so much to me Kiawe. Don't ever forget that."

Kiawe smiled and leaned forward, giving her a quick kiss on her forehead.

"I won't." Kiawe remarked.

Mallow giggled and leaned against him.

After that, they just sat there for a while, watching the sun rise.

Sun woke up that morning, a bit confused that he was in an unfamiliar, yet very comfortable bed. Though, as he sat up and stretched, he recalled the events of last night and how Lillie insisted he stay in one of the guest rooms.

He got out of the bed and went for the door but paused at the mirror. He still looked as bad as he did last night.

To his surprise, Lillie stood there ready to knock.

"Lillie? What are you doing here?" Sun asked.

"I...I wanted to tell something." Lillie answered. "Before everything happened last night."

"Alright. Come on in." Sun stood aside.

Lillie walked in and took a moment to prepare herself for what she was about to tell him. With all the determination and courage she could muster, she spun around to face Sun.

"So, what is it about?" Sun questioned, curiously.

"I know this is a lot to take in and I planned a much better way at the party but...here it is. Sun, I wanted to tell you...that I love you." Lillie replied.

"What?" Sun gasped. "Really? You...love me?"

Lillie averted her gaze to the floor.

"Yeah...I kind of unexpected and...disappointing." Lillie muttered.

"Are you crazy?" Sun grabbed her by the shoulders. "This is the best news ever! I love you too." He hugged her tight. "I wanted to tell you the same thing last night. I...was just so nervous because you know we are best friends and you are so adorable and smart and beautiful. I never got the chance. I wish I had though."

"I think you just made up for it." Lillie remarked.

She pulled back so she could look at him but once they locked eyes Sun had other ideas. He pulled her close, wrapping his arms around her and kissed her. Lillie was a but surprised but roped her arms around his neck and kissed him back. It was sweet and tender and well worth the long wait.

In another guest room, Moon rolled over in the bed as she began to wake up and bumped into something solid and warm. Her eyes fluttered open to see Gladion asleep next to her.

"Gladion!" She squealed, jumping back.

Gladion sat up, wide awake.

"What? What happened?" Gladion groaned tiredly.

"You...what are you-wait? Why am I..." Moon rambled as she slowly began to remember what happened last night. "Oh. Right. But um...how did you end up...in here...with me?"

"You were so tired and out of it last night that I had to carry you in here. And when I set you down, you held onto me. Even asked me to stay." Gladion smiled to himself.

"Oh. I'm sorry." Moon muttered in embarrassment.

"I could have left you know." Gladion touches her hand.

"Than...why didn't you?" Moon asked.

Gladion scooted closer.

"Because I didn't want to be away from you." Gladion cupped her cheek. "Honestly, I don't ever want to."

"Y-you...you don't?" Moon stuttered.

"No. Especially not after last night." He light pressed his forehead against hers. "I can't even begin to tell you how scared I was when I found out something happened to you. I almost did some pretty stupid things. Then again, there are plenty of stupid things people do in the name of love."

"L-love?" Moon blushed. "Do you...really love me?"

"Yes. I love you so much Moon." Gladion answered.

"Oh Gladion!" Moon threw her arms around him. "I love you too! I love you so, so much! I could kiss you."

"Nothing is stopping you." Gladion chuckled.

Moon giggled as she pulled back, causing Gladion to smile at her beautiful voice. He couldn't take another moment and planted his mouth on hers. Moon didn't waist any time in kissing him back. It was better than either could have imagined and well worth the trouble of the night before.

Maybe the Aether party fiasco wasn't as terrible as they thought in the beginning. After all, it ended in a lot of love.